Here are the best life quotes to keep you inspired every single day!
When you get right down to it, virtually every person alive shares one thing: the desire to live a full and satisfying life.
While that may look radically different depending on each person’s personality, values and life situation, that longing for a good life is something we can all relate to and feel inspired by.
1. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” — Marcus Aurelius
But how do you go about building a healthy, happy life?
The best life quotes for happiness
You can start by finding some of the best life quotes that speak to you.
Quotes can serve as an inspiration when things get tough, and are an easy way to remember your goals and values.
2. “Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced” — Spren Kierkegaard
If you are looking for something both inspirational and instructive, famous quotes are a great place to start.
Fortunately, there are many wonderful quotes from the world’s greatest thinkers on the subject of living a fulfilling life.
Cherish life’s many experiences
3. “Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they are supposed to help you discover who you are.” — Bernice Johnson Reagan
4. “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” — Helen Keller
Most people have some idea of how they think their life is supposed to go.
But life doesn’t always live up to our hopes or stick to the plan—and that’s a good thing!
As many of the all time best inspirational life quotes point out, some of the best parts of life are the unexpected ones.
If you are feeling unfulfilled with your current life situation, consider that this may just be one step in a very intricate journey.
You don’t know what will happen next, but you do have the power to enjoy the ride.
If you are a fan of “living my best life” quotes, then you know that the joy of life is in the curve balls and winding roads.
Be yourself, always
5. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” — Andre Gide
6. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.” — Mother Teresa
7. “The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.” — Neil Gaiman
When times are tough, or you see others surpassing you in their goals, it can be easy to wish you had someone else’s life.
But as these top quotes about life point out, being a unique individual is one of the best things about existing.
You have an original perspective on the world that no other person shares, and that is worth celebrating!
If you are feeling down on yourself, and wishing you were someone else, live your best life quotes can help remind you that you are lucky to be you.
Rather than exerting so much effort trying to be someone else, put that work into being the best version of yourself that you can be.
No matter who you are, you are a special and valuable addition to the world.
Facing challenges leads to triumphs
8. “I’m always doing things I can’t do. That’s how I get to do them.” — Pablo Picasso
9. “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things.” — Albert Einstein
10. “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” — Tony Robbins
Some people are so worried about failing that they never try at all.
But if you never challenge yourself, then you will never experience the thrill of succeeding.
You will also never experience the important process of failing, lifting yourself up and learning from your mistakes.
This is why many of the best inspirational life quotes focus on the importance of trying new things.
As these top short life quotes show, pursuing your dreams is always worthwhile.
Rather than staying inside of your comfort zone, look for opportunities to expand your comfort zone and horizons.
It may be scary, but win or lose, the experience is worth the risk.
Don’t bide your time; enjoy it!
11. “A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life.” — Charles Darwin
12. “No man is a failure who is enjoying life.” — William Feather
13. “The heart, like the stomach, wants a varied diet.” — Gustave Flaubert
It can be easy to put things off: you will start your new workout routine tomorrow; you’ll pick up that book you’ve been wanting to read next week; you’ll look for a new job next month.
But days and weeks and months add up, and there is no back button for life.
As these top life quote sayings reflect, there is no better time than now to do something you have been wanting to do.
In fact, some of the best quotes ever about life encourage you to stop biding your time and seize the moment.
So, if there is something you have been meaning to do forever, quit making excuses and go do it!
Life is grand, don’t get lost in its many details
14. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated” — Confucius
15. “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.” — Henry David Thoreau
16. “It’s better to dance than to march through life.” — Yoko Ono
Traffic, homework, meetings—it is easy to get stuck in the details of your day-to-day routine.
When we focus so much on these small aspects of life, it is easy to lose sight of the big picture.
According to the best life quotes ever, the goal is to appreciate life.
Rather than wasting your time sweating the small stuff, fill yourself with appreciation for life, and take the time to celebrate it each day.
Life really is what you make of it:
17. “Life is like a piano. What you get out of it depends on how you play it.” — Tom Lehrer
Reflect on some of the best funny life quotes or inspirational words about life you know.
We hope you were inspired by the above 4th of July quotes, which are part of our inspiring life quotes series.
What are the best life quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!