Birth quotes can help you prepare to process the uniqueness of birth.
Birth is a difficult yet highly rewarding experience that requires both mental and emotional preparation.
Whether you are preparing to experience labor, or are in a support position of encouraging someone you love before their labor, quotes about birth are an excellent way to create a healthy mindset for giving birth.
If you are pregnant, then chances are that a lot of people around you have shared their own favorite birth quotes and sayings.
But each person is different, and you deserve to have quotes that speak to you personally.
These quotes might even be a good thing to focus on when you go into labor!
Here are some of the best ones that speak to birth and the gift of life.
Birth quotes goes beyond the baby
1. “Birth is not only about making babies. It’s about making mothers; strong, competent, capable mothers who trust themselves and believe in their inner strength.” — Barbara Katz Rothman
2. “Birth is a rite of passage of women. Their journey should be honored, their rights should be fiercely protected, and their stories should be shared.” — Marcie Macari
When most people think about birth, they think about babies.
But birth is just as important a process for the mother.
It’s an experience unlike any other, and each woman views it a little differently.
As quotes about birth often point out, birth is your first big task as a mother—and it sets up an unbreakable bond between you and your baby.
Many women say the birthing process is one of the most significant, challenging and life-changing events in their entire lives.
This is why there are a plethora of profound quotes about birth and new life.
The key is to find quotes about birth that speak uniquely to you.
It’s a spiritual experience
3. “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” — Robin Lim
4. “How you approach birth is intimately connected with how you approach life.” — William Sears
Whether you are a practicing member of a particular religion or not, many women see birth as a spiritual experience.
In fact, many of the best birth quotes point out the spiritual qualities of the birthing process.
Whatever your personal beliefs might be, viewing birth through a spiritual lens can bring new meaning to the experience, and give you strength during the most difficult parts.
It’s inherent and natural
5. “Just as a woman’s heart knows how and when to pump, her lungs to inhale, and her hand to pull back from fire, so she knows when and how to give birth.” — Virginia Di Orio
6. “Women’s bodies have near-perfect knowledge of childbirth; it’s when their brains get involved that things can go wrong.” — Peggy Vincent
7. “Your body is not a lemon.” — Ina May Gaskin
Before you give birth, all you can do is prepare the best you can.
You study birthing methods, pack your overnight bag, and go over the plan with your partner and family.
But several giving birth quotes remind us that even if you do not feel ready, your body is naturally ready for the birthing process.
You may find solace in these inspirational birth quotes.
They serve as a welcome reminder that birth is an entirely natural phenomenon; one that connects you to both the past and the future.
In fact, your biggest obstacle may be simply to not overthink it, as that will only make you anxious.
It’s painful, yet beautiful
8. “Birth isn’t something we suffer, but something we actively do and exult in.” — Sheila Kitzinger
9. “The instant of birth is exquisite. Pain and joy are one at this moment. Ever after, the dim recollection is so sweet that we speak to our children with a gratitude they never understand.” — Madeline Tiger
There is no use in sugarcoating it: birth is a physically painful process.
For many women, it is the most painful thing they will ever endure.
But after that pain comes a reward that far outweighs any physical discomfort: your child!
Birth quotes for new baby remind us that birth brings us the best gift we could ever ask for.
Are you worried about how painful the birthing process will be?
If that is the case, then you might find solace in these inspirational quotes.
Rather than stressing out about the pain, you may want to embrace it—because if you never experienced pain, you would never experience the pure joy that comes from embracing your newborn baby.
Mothers are strong and beautiful
10. “Giving birth is little more than a set of muscular contractions granting passage of a child. Then the mother is born.” — Erma Bombeck
11. “There is a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” — Laura Stavoe Harm
If you have given birth before, then you know that women’s bodies can withstand a great deal of pain.
But birth is not just a physical feat—it is also an intensely mental and emotional one.
As quotes about giving birth remind us, mothers are strong, beautiful people who move mountains for the sake of their children.
There are a lot of great inspirational birth quotes out there, but the truth is, that strength of being a mother lasts long after the birthing process ends.
Even as your child grows into an adult, you will always be their fiercest protector, and their loudest cheerleader.
Birth is a miracle
12. “Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood. “ — Marie Curie
13. “Childbirth is more admirable than conquest, more amazing than self-defense, and as courageous as either one.” — Gloria Steinem
Birth is a miraculous thing.
If you are lucky enough to give birth, then you know it is an experience unlike any other.
Quotes, whether they are serious or funny birth quotes, can remind us about different aspects of the birthing process.
They can also help prepare new mothers and their significant others for both the pain and joy of giving birth.
We hope you were inspired by the above birth quotes, which are part of our inspiring life quotes series.
What are the best birth quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!