Take a look through some family Christmas quotes and reflect on the value of being with your loved ones during the holidays. These people are inspirational and the memories we create with them will be cherished long after the snow has melted and the tree is down.
1. “At Christmas, all roads lead home.” — Marjorie Holmes
Christmas is a simply magical time of year. Whether you’re the type of person who feels the Christmas spirit the day after Thanksgiving or you’re someone who waits until the day actually arrives, the sentiment is the same.
There’s really no other time of year that holds the same wonder and excitement as Christmastime.
When Christmas is spent with family, it doesn’t matter what the gifts or traditions are—the holiday season brings great joy just by bringing us together with our loved ones. Whether our family is large or small, near or far, we can all enjoy spending time with these people who are so important in our lives.
Inspirational Christmas quotes and gift giving
2. “The best of all gifts around any Christmas tree: the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.” — Burton Hills
3. “Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united.” — Norman Vincent Peale
Perhaps you grew up exchanging presents on Christmas Eve, or maybe you rose with the sun to give and receive presents early Christmas morning.
Either way, Christmastime is heavily associated with gifts, and we all know that the old adage holds true—giving is even better than receiving. The joy on someone’s face as they open the perfect Christmas gift is a gift in and of itself.
4. “Gifts of time and love are surely the basic ingredients of a truly merry Christmas.” — Peg Bracken
Christmas is a time to share not only gifts, but love with our family. Gifted items may bring joy and value to our lives, but nothing compares to the fulfillment we receive from time spent with family.
Laughter, celebration and joy are all a part of this wonderful holiday. We can think about this joy as we read family Christmas quotes for cards while we’re opening presents.
Quotes about Christmas and the appreciation for togetherness
5. “A lovely thing about Christmas is that it’s compulsory, like a thunderstorm, and we all go through it together.” — Garrison Keillor
6. “Christmas is a day of meaning and traditions, a special day spent in the warm circle of family and friends.” — Margaret Thatcher
Christmas is a time for getting together with loved ones, but it shouldn’t be the only time of year you spend with your relatives!
Do you like to go boating with your family? Do you have a family game or movie night planned for each week? These occasions bring lots of laughter and help us appreciate the family we have been given.
The memories we create throughout the year with our family provide us with great opportunities for a candid photo. You may even use that photo in a Christmas card!
7. “Christmas brings family and friends together; it helps us appreciate the love in our lives we can often take for granted. May the true meaning of the holiday season fill your heart and home with many blessings.” — Anonymous
It is fun to see how everyone’s family spends time together and how they have grown throughout the years. As we look through Christmas cards, we can appreciate the time we have to spend with the ones we love.
Some of the best family Christmas quotes provide us with the opportunity to reminisce on these occasions and memories.
A reminder of what’s important
8. “Christmas is a necessity. There has to be at least one day of the year to remind us that we’re here for something else besides ourselves.” — Eric Sevareid
Inspirational family Christmas quotes not only provide us with motivating words, they encourage us to remember what is important in life. Christmas provides us with a season to think of others before ourselves.
We may give gifts, donate our time or mend and build relationships. During this season, we are reminded of the importance of generosity, kindness, and love.
9. “My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others.” — Bob Hope
As traditions change, as gifts change and as we change, it may be easy to lose focus on the important things in life, but when we are with family we can be reminded that life is not all about things—it’s about people and relationships.
Our gifts may wear out, break or become outdated, but our families will always be there to love and support us.
Discovering the Christmas spirit
10. “Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas time.” — Laura Ingalls Wilder
Lights, wrapping paper, gifts, shopping, songs, and movies. These things all help put us in the Christmas spirit. Some of us celebrate the season for months, while the holidays sneak up on others.
Perhaps your family celebrates Christmas with yearly traditions, or maybe you create new rituals each year. Christmas looks different for each family, but what doesn’t change is the way we all feel during this special time of year.
11. “I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.” — Charles Dickens
Whether you are reading broken family Christmas quotes or cute family Christmas quotes, we hope you are able to feel a sense of peace and love during the holiday season.
Not each family is perfect, but they are often just what we need to comfort and support us. Christmas is a perfect time to feel loved and cherished by our families and recognize what we have in them.
12. “I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite story. The pleasure is in the familiar way the story begins, the anticipation of familiar turns it takes, the familiar moments of suspense, and the familiar climax and ending.” — Fred Rogers
We hope you were inspired by the above family Christmas quotes, which are part of our family quotes and sayings series.
What are the best Christmas quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!