Now, $6 billion in sales later, FUBU is thriving and we’re fortunate enough to have Daymond John quotes that inspire us to grind as hard as he did to succeed.
The path to success for Daymond John has been a nonstop grind.
He started the now-successful FUBU clothing brand from his mother’s house while also working a full-time job.
To get the money to expand the brand, he mortgaged his home and took on debt, all while selling clothing on consignment.
Even after FUBU gained momentum, Daymond was turned down by no less than 27 banks for a loan to properly start the company.
Through the adversity, uncertainty and hardship, Daymond John never lost sight of his goals and never parted with his entrepreneurial spirit.
What he has to say now that he has reached success is inspirational for all those who face a similar road.
Daymond John quotes encourage
1. “Don’t wait for the perfect time, you will wait forever. Always take advantage of the time that you’re given and make it perfect.” — Daymond John
So many entrepreneurs are waiting for the right moment.
But what if there is no “right moment?”
What if the right moment was yesterday and has already passed you by?
It’s important to do whatever it is you want to do and make sure it’s done as soon as possible!
Every day you wait is a day you waste.
2. “I don’t want to leave my kids an inheritance, I want to leave them a legacy.” — Daymond John
There are no shortage of quotes out there about money and wealth, but few about what it means to leave a legacy.
Quotes by Daymond John, like this one show us that while money is an important part of success, your legacy is even more important because others (like your kids) will have to live with it.
3. “We all want the freedom to make our own decisions.” — Daymond John
One of the biggest drivers of entrepreneurship is the concept of being your own boss.
Doing things how you want to do them and making your own decisions is an exciting way to take control over your destiny.
But this freedom isn’t for everyone—only the people who know what they want and aren’t afraid to act on it.
Inspirational Daymond John quotes
4. “Learn as many mistakes and what not to do while your business or product is small. Don’t be in such a hurry to grow your brand. Make sure that you and the market can sustain any bumps that may occur down the road.” — Daymond John
As a seasoned businessman, there are lots of inspirational Daymond John quotes like this one that show his acumen for markets.
If you start small and get things right, Daymond believes you’ll form a foundation for success as you grow.
He’s not wrong, either—a strong, slow start can quickly become a rocket to success.
5. “I believe the last thing I read at night will likely manifest when I’m sleeping. You become what you think about the most.” — Daymond John
You may not have all the answers, but if you’re motivational enough to seek them, you’ll definitely find them!
Focus your thoughts on the things that are important to you and you’ll unconsciously grow them in your mind.
Paying attention to the things you think about means acting correctly and with cause.
6. “The easiest thing to sell is the truth.” — Daymond John
Too many people work too hard to create perception.
They think perception sells goods and services and makes their brand more appealing.
Daymond John quotes like this one argue otherwise.
Instead of creating perception, exalt the truth!
When you’re telling the truth, there’s no need to worry about keeping your facts straight or staying on-brand.
7. “As an entrepreneur, you never stop learning.” — Daymond John
These are truly inspirational words.
Someone with an entrepreneurial spirit may have the motivation to go out and start something for themselves, but they need to also remember that their time as a student of the world is never over.
Always keep your mind open and never stop learning.
Daymond on success
8. “If I’ve learned one thing in this life it’s this: even if you lose, don’t lose the lesson.” — Daymond John
The best Daymond John quotes are the ones that encourage us to recognize success, even in failure.
When you look at the world as a teacher, you’ll have the ability to find positive lessons anywhere you look.
Embrace failure as a lesson and you’ll find that it’s easier to digest.
9. “Make sure you’re doing something that you love, that you’re willing to do for the rest of your life. If you’re doing it for the money, that’s the only thing you won’t make.” — Daymond John
There’s nothing more motivational than a message encouraging us to do what we truly love and want to do.
There’s a huge misconception that money is the means to success.
Passion is the means to success; money is just a result of succeeding at what you love doing.
Keep this in mind as you seek to build your own success.
10. “I do today what people won’t so I achieve tomorrow what other people can’t.” Daymond John
Daymond John rise and grind quotes like this one show how much dedication goes into success.
You can’t put off acting or let yourself get complacent in the face of opportunities.
Do everything you can do today so that tomorrow, you’re reaping the success of everything you took the time and energy to sow.
Turn your idea into action
11. “Everyone has an idea, but it’s taking those first steps toward turning that idea into a reality that are always the toughest.” — Daymond John
Having a great idea is one thing; turning it into a great reality is another.
If you’re looking for motivational words to help you make your ideas real, look to Daymond John for advice – as well as his free entrepreneur resources.
His stance on acting instead of just dreaming is the basis for everything he stands for and everything he is today.
12. “Success is waking up every day and doing what you want to do.” — Daymond John
When you wake up, how do you feel?
Daymond John quotes on success like this one remind us that every new day should be looked at as a new opportunity.
If you wake up with a smile on your face and hope in your heart, it’s a good sign you’re doing the right thing.
If you wake up depressed and uncertain, it’s time to do something else with your life.
13. “If you aren’t living your dreams then you’re living your fears.” — Daymond John
One final inspirational quote, this one is simple and to-the-point: Follow your dreams.
Too many people let reality dictate their dreams, until eventually they’re living a life they don’t want to.
Keep a hold of your dreams and don’t let the world diminish them!
Daymond John worked his way up from nothing, backed by only the principles of hard work.
His words are wisdom anyone can take to heart!
We hope you were inspired by the above Daymond John quotes, which are part of our quotes for entrepreneurs series.
What are the best Daymond John quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!
Image Credit: U.S. Embassy Nairobi / Public domain. Edits: Resized.