Easter quotes can help us appreciate just how wonderful this holiday is, and how lucky we are to celebrate it with loved ones.
Easter happens at a beautiful time.
Spring is in full bloom, the family is all together, and for some it holds a special, deep spiritual meaning.
The story of Easter—of life being reborn—is inspirational for many people.
Whether the day holds particular religious significance for you or not, the symbolism of this wonderful spring day can serve as inspiration for everyone.
Easter quotes for hope, renewal and life
1. “Easter is meant to be a symbol of hope, renewal, and new life.” — Janine di Giovanni
Have you ever felt hopeless, like you just could not see a way out of a predicament?
The story and symbolism of Easter reminds us that even in our darkest days, hope is a powerful resource to hold onto.
Short Easter quotes can help lift our spirits all year round
2. “For I remember it is Easter Morn and life and love and peace are all new born.” — Alice Freeman Palmer
There are many beautiful poems about Easter.
Something about the special day inspires lyrical beauty in people.
Easter is seen as a festival time with bright colors, delicious feasts and wholesome celebrations.
Happy Easter quotes can add to your joy.
Easter and truth
3. “If Easter says anything to us today, it says this: You can put truth in a grave but it won’t stay there.” — Clarence W. Hall
Some of the best Easter quotes recognize the special religious significance this holiday has for many people.
It reminds us that in the end, truth, hope and beauty will win out over falsehoods, despair and ugliness.
Easter and the beauty of new life
4. “Easter spells out beauty, the rare beauty of new life.” — S.D. Gordon
Sometimes, beauty can be hard to find in everyday life.
But inspirational Easter quotes do not just commemorate Easter; they also remind us to keep an eye out for beauty every day.
What if you treated every day like it was Easter?
Chances are, you’d live a life looking on the bright side of things.
Easter and the resurrection of Jesus Christ
5. “The resurrection gives my life meaning and direction and the opportunity to start over no matter what my circumstances.” — Robert Flatt
For many, the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the most holy and important thing about Easter.
Religious Easter quotes remind us of what a remarkable day this is for Christians.
Jesus has been reborn, reminding us that we too can overcome our struggles.
Cute Easter quotes
6. “Easter is the only time when it’s perfectly safe to put all of your eggs in one basket.” — Evan Esar
Do you like making Easter baskets for the kids in your life?
Of course, the kids will be most preoccupied with the chocolate Easter bunnies.
But you can also include cute Easter quotes like this one when decorating the basket. Adults might like them too!
The Easter egg hunt
7. “Easter combines the best of the present with the traditions of the past – like Cadbury cream eggs with hunting and gathering.” — Melanie White
If you have kids, Easter at your home is probably all about the Easter egg hunt.
The simple pleasures of childhood can remind us adults to stop and appreciate the little things.
Easter quotes for kids can help us all see the world through the eyes of a child.
Easter quotes from the bible
8. “He has risen.” — Matthew 28:6
The earliest—and often most profound—Easter quotes are Easter quotes from the Bible.
This simple, three-word passage from Matthew 28:6 reminds us of the powerful message of rebirth and second chances that Easter can offer us all.
9. “The great gift of Easter is hope.” — Basil Hume
Hope is one of the most powerful emotions, as it fuels us forward to continue trying new things.
Easter quotes and sayings like this one shine a special light on the power of hope.
As spring comes into full bloom this year, perhaps you can think of new things to hope for, and work towards.
Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection
10. “Our Lord has written the promise of resurrection, not in books alone, but in every leaf in springtime.” — Martin Luther
You do not need to visit a church to feel holy.
Many happy Easter quotes remind us that love, inspiration and hope are all around us—whether we are at work, in the car, at home or even at the dentist.
You get the most out of life when you pay attention to the beauty around you.
Funny Easter quotes
11. “Easter is so disappointing. You suffer all the way through lent, and what do you get for it? A ham.” — Garrison Keillor
Did you give anything up for Lent this year?
Abstaining from a favorite food, activity or other indulgence can help sharpen our focus and realize that we shouldn’t take things for granted.
But of course, some funny Easter quotes make a hilarious point about how hard Lent can be!
12. “Happy Easter everyone! Jesus dies, comes back from the dead—and we get chocolate eggs. It’s like turn-down service from God.” — Dennis Leary
Easter is a time to be in high spirits, and funny Easter quotes can help in that department.
A mix of serious and funny Easter quotes can help us appreciate the day for all its many facets.
13. “My favorite Catholic holiday is Easter. For those of you that don’t know, Easter is the day we celebrate Jesus rising from the grave and coming back to Earth as a rabbit that hides colored eggs.” — Adam Ferrara
Even the most sacred days leave room for a little levity!
If you have to give a toast, speech or sermon this Easter, it might be worth peppering in a few funny Easter quotes.
Those listening will likely appreciate the humor!
We hope you were inspired by the above Easter quotes, which are part of our inspirational life quotes series.
What are the best Easter quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!