What is faith? Is it believing in God? Or, is it trusting someone blindly to do the right thing? The fact is, faith is all of this and more, especially when you’re able to get in touch with your spirituality. Nothing illustrates this better than faith quotes.
1. “When you focus on being a blessing, God makes sure that you are always blessed in abundance.” — Joel Osteen
Seeing the power of how faith affects people and the potential for spirituality to awaken faith is enough to inspire anyone to look deep within themselves for answers.
If you’re trying to be more faithful or need inspirational guidance, turn to quotes about faith. Not only will they instill a sense of understanding within you, they might just help awaken your inner spirituality.
Faith quotes: you don’t have to understand to believe
2. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
3. “Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” — Khalil Gibran
4. “Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation.” — D. Elton Trueblood
Faith is intangible. You can’t see it or hold it, but you can certainly feel it.
The problem with many people is that they don’t understand faith, which makes it hard for them to invest themselves in it.
There are so many great faith quotes that urge us to think deeply about what faith is in order for us to understand it and allow ourselves to be enveloped by it.
Some of the most inspirational faith quotes out there are the ones that remind us it’s okay to not understand faith. Understanding and believing are not the same.
You can invest yourself in the power of faith without truly understanding it or having proof of its potential.
In fact, that’s part of what makes faith so important.
Everyone needs to be able to break from the tangible things in life, to exercise their mind and soul in accepting the unproven. That’s the very foundation of faith!
Being able to reflect on quotes on faith and trust can go a long way towards helping you come to terms with your own spirituality.
When you embrace spirituality, you’ll enable your faith—and, when you enable your faith, you’ll unlock all the opportunities and benefits it has to offer.
Faith quotes help you recognize and embrace your beliefs
5. “So keep your faith in the God above, and faith in the righteous truth, it shall bring you back to the absent love, and the joys of a vanished youth.” — Edgar A Guest
6. “I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors.” — Joel Osteen
7. “Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys.” — Madeleine L’Engle
Do you know what your beliefs are? What truths you hold above all others?
If you’re not sure of exactly what you believe, it’s hard to find guidance in any principles.
Faith quotes from the bible can help, but ultimately, you need to look deep within yourself and make sure you’re in touch with your spirituality.
Introspection will help you realize what you believe in, as well as how you should lead your life true to your faith.
There are numerous leap of faith quotes out there that encourage us to embrace our beliefs and invest ourselves in them wholly.
Before you do, it’s a good idea to make sure you know what you’re getting into!
Ask yourself what’s important to you and embrace the ideologies that fit the mold.
When you have a handle on the things that make up your fundamental set of beliefs, you’ll feel more confident investing yourself in them.
Likewise, if you’re confused about your beliefs or not in touch with your spirituality, it’s impossible to feel comfortable or confident embracing them.
So many trust and faith quotes go hand-in-hand, because these two actions are intrinsically tied.
You put trust in your faith and, in turn, faith compels you to trust.
This is what it means to recognize and embrace your beliefs.
You’ll put your trust in something you can’t always see or touch, and be rewarded in with a deep-rooted faith that’s always present and always abiding.
Know that faith isn’t perfect, but it doesn’t have to be
8. “The keys to patience are acceptance and faith. Accept things as they are, and look realistically at the world around you. Have faith in yourself and in the direction you have chosen.” — Ralph Marston
9. “Who is of so little faith that in a moment of great disaster or heartbreak has not called to his God?” — Og Mandino
10. “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” — Mahatma Gandhi
There’s nothing perfect about faith. Sometimes it has contradictions; other times it leaves you vulnerable.
In some cases, your faith might even make you uncomfortable.
The best faith quotes remind us that faith, belief and spirituality are all imperfect things, but that doesn’t mean they’re not important.
In fact, one of the lessons they teach is that something can be imperfect, yet necessary and powerful at the same time.
When you realize the shortcomings of your faith, don’t abandon it.
Never lose faith quotes are here to instill a sense of clemency when it comes to accepting the imperfections of faith.
It doesn’t need to be perfect, because we as people aren’t perfect.
Faith is something we abide by and hold close to us. If it was perfect, we’d always live in the shadow of our own faith.
The fact that faith has imperfections is a reflection of ourselves—a positive one that reminds us we’re allowed to have flaws and make mistakes.
There are many quotes about faith in God that talk about God’s perfection and infallibility.
And while God can be infallible, we as humans are destined to make mistakes. When we make these mistakes, it’s often our faith that remains, holding us accountable and setting us back on the right path.
It may not be perfect, but faith is always there for us.
Acknowledge the power of faith
11. “Faith gives you an inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.” — Gregory Peck
12. “Without faith a man can do nothing; with it all things are possible.” — Sir William Osler
13. “Faith is unseen but felt, faith is strength when we feel we have none, faith is hope when all seems lost.” — Catherine Pulsifer
When you get in touch with your faith and accept the fact that it’s not perfect, you’ll discover something truly inspirational: Faith is powerful!
The power of faith is easily reflected in these short faith quotes, but it’s something every person should experience for themselves.
Having the confidence, perseverance, understanding and patience that comes from a deep-rooted faith is all you need to get through even the toughest of life’s struggles.
Having trouble connecting with your inner spirituality? Not sure about your beliefs? Losing faith?
Quotes like this one can help you see the light and look for faith deep within yourself. When you open yourself up to your spirituality and embrace the power of faith, you too will learn to fly:
14. “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” — J.M. Barrie
We hope you were inspired by the above faith quotes, which are part of our inspiring spiritual quotes series.
What are the best existential quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!