These famous quotes about life will inspire your success.
1. “Keep calm and carry on.” — Winston Churchill
How satisfied are you with your life?
Whether you are looking to make a change or find yourself generally content with things, everyone can stand to improve some aspect of life—even if it is just your own perspective on things.
Fortunately, inspirational famous quotes about life can help.
Trying to live life without any kind of guidance can be hard, but the good news is that you do not have to do it alone.
Some of the world’s best minds have said or written things that others found so poignant that they have lasted through the test of time.
Both serious and funny famous quotes on life can serve to teach you how to live your best life.
Famous quotes about life show how to live YOUR Life
2. “I’m selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” — Marilyn Monroe
3. “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” — Jim Rohn
4. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
Believing in yourself is one of the keys to a happy, fulfilling life.
We all have dreams.
Some of us fantasize about success and fame, while others want a happy family and a comfortable home.
Whatever you envision for yourself, inspirational famous quotes about life can give you the motivation and wisdom you need to achieve your goals.
Famous quotes about life can help with your life’s journey
If you are just starting out on life’s journey, or if you are looking to make a big change in your life, reading inspirational quotes periodically can serve several important purposes.
First, they can remind you of what you want for yourself.
Second, they can lay out specific strategies on how to get there. And finally, they can give you the extra boost of inspiration to keep going.
Do Things, Even if They Make You Afraid
5. “Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
6. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” — Mark Twain
7. “It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” — J. K Rowling
Unfortunately, it is impossible to live life without regretting a few choices along the way.
But the thing you will regret most of all is not making any choices, or taking any risks.
After all, famous quotes on life and death point out that our time on this planet is limited.
Do you want to look back on life and realize you never went after what you wanted?
Famous quotes about life lessons can teach us that it is far better to occasionally fail or make the wrong choice than to never try or make any decisions at all.
Don’t Fear Failure; Relish Success
8. “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” — John F. Kennedy
9. “The No. 1 reason people fail in life is because they listen to their friends, family, and neighbors.” — Napoleon Hill
Some of the best famous quotes about life come from famous individuals who accomplished great things in their own lives.
And one thing all those people had in common is this: they dared to take risks and put forth new ideas, even though they could not be sure of the outcome.
These famous quotes on life and success can serve as a guide to you in your own life
10. “It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things.” — Leonardo Da Vinci
You may have acquaintances, coworkers or even family members who tell you it is not worth the risk; in fact, you probably have a voice in your own head saying the same thing.
But these quotes can serve as important inspiration to keep going with your dreams.
Live Your Best Life
11. “Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
12. “May you live all the days of your life.” — Jonathan Swift
13. “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do everyday.” — Jason Mraz
It is easy to follow the path that is laid out in front of you, or the path that many others have traveled before.
But according to some of the most famous quotes on life, the path well-traveled is not always the best choice.
Rather than being one of a million, you could be that person making a new trail
If you need help working up the courage to try new things, you may want to try finding a few short famous quotes about life that truly speak to you and your ambitions.
Write those quotes down and look to them for inspiration when the new trail becomes rocky.
Love, Don’t Just Live
14. “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” — Albert Einstein
15. “The opposite of love is not hate; it’s indifference.” — Elie Wiesel
16. “In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
No matter what your unique goals and hopes are, almost everyone shares one common dream: to find love, both romantic and platonic, throughout your life.
Put others above yourself
The best way to accomplish this particular goal is to put others above yourself, as many famous quotes about life and love tell us.
No matter how busy things get, you can always take some time to give back to your friends, family and wider community.
Chances are, you will be happier and more satisfied because of it.
There’s a reason there are so many famous quotes about life—there’s a lot of wisdom to be shared!
We hope you were inspired by the above famous quotes about life, which are part of our life quotes series.
What are the best famous quotes about life you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!