Parents are an incredible influence on the lives of their children. They teach them values, skills and how to love others. Fathers inspire us to learn new things and face new challenges. They’re also a strong, stable support system in our lives. They teach us many life lessons to help us become confident, independent people. Father’s Day quotes enable us to focus on these wonderful strengths that our fathers pass down to us.
Father’s Day quotes to celebrate a special day
1. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” — Billy Graham
Reading happy Father’s Day quotes allows us to realize the importance of this relationship in our lives. Children are like sponges: they constantly observe and learn. They take away so many things by watching the way their mothers and fathers conduct themselves and interact with those around them. Having a father that teaches through actions—not just words—is important for a child.
2. “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.” — Antoine Francois Prevost
First Father’s Day quotes are extra special
3. “I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom.” — Umberto Eco
That first time a father holds his new baby is a magical moment. While a mother is able to hold a baby for nine months before her child is born, a father is only able to share that special moment on the day of their child’s birth.
First Father’s Day quotes are extra special because they help us reflect on the wonderful change that happens when their child is born.
4. “Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of a song.” — Pam Brown
Fathers’ day quotes and special bonds
Fathers have a special bond with their children. They are there to make you laugh when you are sad or roughhouse after a long day of work. The love for their children is immense and strong, and the best Father’s Day quotes remind us of this love.
5. “It’s only when you grow up and step back from him — or leave him for your own home — it’s only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.” — Margaret Truman
We may fight with our parents or disagree with their opinions and rules, but their actions will help us develop into strong, successful people. Only when we have grown will we look back at their actions and be encouraged by all they did to raise us. Our parents—especially dad—provide us with the most inspirational and encouraging relationship we will ever experience.
Father’s day and a daughters love
6. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father. — Michael Ratnadeepak
Little girls have a way of wrapping their dad around their finger. A bond between a daughter and her father is tender and true. The way a father looks into his daughter’s eyes is a testament to the way he loves her. You will never question the love a father has for his daughter as you read inspirational Father’s Day quotes from daughter.
Father’s day and a sons love
7. “By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” — Charles Wadsworth
We learn to appreciate our parents more and more as we grow. We learn more about the world as we mature and become adults, and we are able to look back at all of the lessons our fathers taught us with appreciation. Father’s Day quotes from son encourage daily appreciation of this relationship.
Father’s role in raising his children
8. “Lately all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.” — Dan Zevin
We may notice when we begin to pick up a trait or a habit from our father. Although some of us may worry that this is not ideal, others may be filled with satisfaction and joy that they have the privilege of becoming more like the great man their father is.
9. “My father didn’t tell me how to live. He lived and let me watch him do it.”— Clarence Budington Kelland
So much of our personalities and values come from our fathers. We learn to tell stories, play games, and work hard by watching them interact with the rest of our family and community. These inspirational men do so much to help us become great, and we should cherish all that they endure and sacrifice for us.
10. “A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.” — Frank Abagnale
There is so much satisfaction to be drawn from watching your child grow into a fun, determined and respectable adult. The effort that is put into raising a child is unmatched by any other job, but the reward is just as great. Father’s Day quotes from wife prove that their dedication and love are appreciated by their whole family.
Father’s are family leaders
11. “The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family.” — Reed Markham
Fathers are leaders of a family. They support their wives and children, while allowing them to learn from their mistakes. Dads try to do their best! They dream big for their families, and the way they encourage their family drives them to achieve great things.
12. “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” — Emile Gaboriau
Even when we’ve made a mistake, we can always count on our fathers to guide us. Don’t forget these special Dad quotes for everyday of the year!
Fathers understand the balance between grace and truth and they are able to choose the best way to encourage their family while helping them become better people. What a blessing to have such a great relationship to rely on!
We hope you were inspired by the above inspirational Father’s Day quotes, which are part of our family quotes series.
What are the best Father’s Day quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!