These funny life quotes will brighten your spirit!
Living a life filled with joy can be challenging.
Even the most upbeat, optimistic people encounter down days and bad weeks.
Funny quotes about life in general help you see humorous moments in even the most frustrating periods of our lives.
We can look to humorous quotes to find wisdom, inspiration, and to help us learn to cope with the rigors of daily life.
Take a look at a few of the most important lessons that can be gleaned from a few funny quotes about life.
Funny life quotes remind us to have a sense of humor about things
1. “You can’t really be strong until you see a funny side to things.” — Ken Kesey
2. “Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.” — Charles Bukowski
One of the most significant things we can do to improve the quality of our daily lives and live with a more optimistic spirit is looking for the humor in even the most adverse situations.
Reading through positive funny life quotes, for instance, is an excellent way to remind ourselves that things are never quite as serious as they seem.
It’s truly inspirational to flip bad circumstances on their head, and put our daily troubles into perspective with a little humor.
Funny quotes about life show how to embrace the ironies life throws at you
3. “People will laugh at anything, except their own moronic self.” — Fakeer Ishavardas
4. “Everything is funny, as long as it’s happening to somebody else.” — Will Rogers
Everyone, at some point or another, experiences a day that seems like it’s just too bad to even be real.
Sometimes, funny quotes about life lessons can help us put these no-good days into perspective, and remind us that there’s something we can learn from even the most frustrating times if we find the humor in them.
The best funny life quotes don’t only bring us laughter—they also teach us life lessons.
Whether we’re learning how to take things less seriously or are looking for ways to reduce stress in our lives, there’s no shortage of ways that some humorous words of wisdom can help us grow.
Share a little laughter with someone
5. “Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down.” — Jimmy Durante
6. “Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight.” — Phyllis Diller
Laughter really is the best medicine.
That’s why it’s so important to read through a few funny quotes and sayings, and spread a bit of joy to both yourself and to those around you.
Sharing an entertaining anecdote or relaying your favorite funny saying is an excellent way to brighten someone else’s day, and help cheer yourself up.
If you’re experiencing tension with someone close to you in your life, try encouraging a little bit of laughter between the two of you to lighten the mood and remind you both of the importance of your relationship.
Sometimes humor is the only way to cope
7. “You know what I like most about people? Pets.” — Jarod Kintz
8. “Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.” — Mark Twain
Have you ever experienced something so bad that the only thing you can do is laugh?
Regardless of the troubles you’re facing, short funny life quotes can help us learn to cope with stress, sadness and more through the healing power of humor.
Inspirational funny life quotes empower us to move forward from bad situations, and allow us to control the narrative surrounding our lives.
Once we have the power to turn any situation into something funny, we’re more capable of living happy, healthy, fulfilling lives!
Find humor where you least expect to
9. “The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.” — Albert Einstein
10. “A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” — Winston S Churchill
Sometimes, the most dire circumstances lead to the funniest moments.
Learning how to find and appreciate humor where we least expect it is an excellent way to advance ourselves through even the most uncomfortable predicaments.
Funny life quotes to live by can teach us how to seek out humorous situations where we least expect them.
It’s inspirational to realize we have the power to apply our own meaning to all situations—especially when that meaning brings us laughter.
Share a little bit of laughter with those around you
11. “The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” — Terry Pratchett
12. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.” — George Bernard Shaw
Sharing laughter is an excellent way to edify ourselves and those around us.
Spreading some funny quotes about life and love allow us to bring a little bit of light into the lives of our friends, family members and loved ones.
Sharing and comparing favorite funny life quotes and sayings may even become a rich family tradition! Nothing bonds friends, family members and loved ones together quite as effectively as sharing a hearty laugh.
Live a life rich in humor
13. “You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.” — Bob Hope
14. “If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.” — W. C. Fields
Make it your goal to live a life that allows people to remember you by your wit.
Whether you share funny life quotes with all those around you, or you dispense entertaining takes on daily occurrences, living a life rich in humor is a great way to ensure that you’re living life to its fullest possible extent.
There’s nothing more rewarding than taking the time to sit back and have a good laugh; that’s why it’s important that we learn how to make every situation our own and reclaim even undesirable circumstances as something we can make light of.
Life’s too short not to laugh
15. “Life is pain. Anyone who says otherwise is selling something.” — William Goldman
16. “If I had to live my life again, I’d make the same mistakes, only sooner.” — Tallulah Bankhead
If there’s one thing we all know, it’s that life is far too short.
Sarcastic funny quotes on life are great reminders that we should make the most of our time on earth.
Nothing is so important or grave that we can’t take a moment to try and identify a little bit of humor in it.
Learning how to laugh at any situation, regardless of what it may be, is a liberating and valuable lesson.
We hope you were inspired by the above funny life quotes about life, which are part of our quotes for life series.
What are the best funny life quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!