Here are the best graduation quotes to mark this important milestone in your life!
1. “Each one of us has the ability to lead a dynamic life by pursuing our unique goals and dreams. There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you know who you are and have faith in what you can do.” — Stedman Graham
Do you have a close friend or family member who will soon graduate from high school, college or graduate school?
Or, will you soon be graduating?
Graduation is a unique time in our lives; we are saying goodbye to an old, familiar world and entering a new, uncertain one.
We have spent that last part of our lives learning and preparing, and now it’s time to put it all to the test.
Graduation quotes show that graduation isn’t an end; it’s a beginning
2. “There is a good reason they call these ceremonies ‘commencement exercises’. Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.” — Orrin Hatch
3. “Graduation is the same thing as taking that first baby step as a child. It is only the beginning, not the end. Thus, take the advent of graduation as that first step where life’s difficulties or failures only spark new attempts with the full understanding that nobody can discourage your progress except you.” — Byron R. Pulsifer
4. “The world rewards those who take responsibility for their own success.” — Curt Gerrish
Graduation can be an emotional time. For many of us, it might mean saying goodbye to friends, and to an environment we are familiar with and comfortable in.
But graduation can also be an inspirational time, because it gives us a chance to spread our wings and fly.
It is right to take some time to acknowledge what you are leaving behind; but it is just as important that you look ahead to new challenges and opportunities.
If you are having trouble letting go of your old life, it might help to read some inspiring graduation quotes.
After all, we all experience graduation at one time or another, and there is a lot of helpful wisdom out there from those who have already graduated at some point in their life.
You’ve learned a lot; now, change the world
5. “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” — Robin Williams
6. “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” — JK Rowling
7. “The secret of unleashing your true power is setting goals that are exciting enough that they truly inspire your creativity and ignite your passion.” — Tony Robbins
As you leave college and enter the workforce, some people might imply that you are naive or inexperienced.
But you have an advantage that they lack: You can see things through a fresh, unfiltered perspective, and you can bring a new energy to your job.
University graduation quotes remind us that we have a lot to offer the world!
Do you have any beloved famous graduation quotes?
If you have a loved one graduating soon, you might want to share a card with a few of your favorite quotes.
They will surely enjoy your thoughtfulness and the words of encouragement.
Don’t look back; there’s a lot ahead of you
8. “Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
10. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” — Mark Twain
After graduating from high school or college, it can be easy to find yourself stuck in the past, unable to let go of old memories.
You should hold those memories in your heart, as they helped shape you.
But, make sure you also leave plenty of room from new experiences, new people and new avenues of exploration.
Motivational high school graduation quotes can serve as a helpful reminder to not dwell too much on what you are leaving behind.
College graduation quotes can also help remind us that we need to look forward, not backward. After all, your whole life is ahead of you—it is time to start living it!
There’s no safety net; take a leap into the future
11. “Be brave. Take risks. Nothing can substitute experience.” — Paulo Coelho
12. “Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.” — Henry David Thoreau
13. “You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” — A.A. Milne
Short graduation quotes are a great thing to include in a card, or have engraved for your loved one.
Sometimes we want to convey a specific meaning, but cannot find the words ourselves.
Using a beloved, time-proven quote will show your loved one how much you care about and support them.
It will also give them the boost they need to keep working hard.
In fact, some funny graduation quotes can be just as profound as the serious ones.
So, do not feel like you have to be pigeonholed into a specific type of quote.
Pick the one that you feel best represents the message you want to send, and that you think your loved one will appreciate and take meaning from.
Embrace your destiny; do something great
14. “Either write something worth reading, or do something worth reading.” — Benjamin Franklin
15. “You can complain about the direction of your life all you want, but until you sit in the driver’s seat and begin to drive yourself, you aren’t going to get where you want to go!” — Les Brown
16. “If we all did the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” — Thomas Edison
We all go into the world with big hopes and dreams.
However, the realities of life sometimes get in the way, and we can lose sight of what we really want.
Our hopes and dreams might change along the way, as we get older and our priorities shift.
But we should never lose that drive we have on graduation day.
As you grow older and encounter new experiences, congratulation graduation quotes can help remind you of the motivation and ambition you once had, and help to re-energize you along the way.
Graduation quotes to inspire you after you’ve left school
These are just a few of the best graduation quotes to inspire you after you’ve left school and entered the world.
Are there any wise words that strike a particular chord with you? Share them in the comments below and tell us what emboldens you to succeed after class is over.
We hope you were inspired by the above graduation quotes, which are part of our inspirational life quotes series.
What are the best graduation quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!