Happy Halloween quotes for a spooky trick-or-treat holiday…boo!
Do you enjoy the creepy and spooky sentiments of Halloween?
Or perhaps you enjoy the fantastical element of getting to dress up as something different every year.
Or maybe you’re just in it for the candy.
Whatever you love about Halloween, chances are it is celebrated in some famous Halloween quotes!
Halloween quotes can run the gamut from creepy and scary, to silly and witty—and even to inspirational.
Halloween quotes to get the trick-or-treating spirit going
If you are in search of some fun Halloween quotes to incorporate into your celebration this year, read on for some spooky, funny and even profound quips.
1. “There are three things I’ve learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin.” — Linus, It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
Halloween is especially fun for kids, because they get to explore their imagination and get free candy, all in one day!
This is probably why there are so many great Halloween quotes for kids out there—both of the “trick” and “treat” variety.
2. “As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night, let loose upon the Earth till it be light…” — Nicholas Gordon
Famous Halloween quotes
Famous Halloween quotes range from fun to scary, and this one certainly falls on the “scary” side of the spectrum.
Of course, being a little spooked out can be fun sometimes, especially on Halloween.
If nothing else, it gives us a chance to hold our loved ones a little closer, which is never a bad thing.
3. “Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story.” — Mason Cooley
Why do so many people enjoy dressing up in Halloween costumes?
There is something undeniably enjoyable about putting on a costume—perhaps because it gives us a chance to show a new side of ourselves, or see the world through a new perspective.
Both long and short Halloween quotes reflect on this phenomenon.
4. “The Harvest Moon glows round and bold, in pumpkin shades outlined in gold, illuminating eerie forms, unnatural as a candied corn. Beware what dare crawls up your sleeve, for ’tis the night called Hallows Eve.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
If you have kids, or are a teacher, it might be fun to incorporate some fun Halloween poems into the day.
Using something kids love, like a beloved holiday, can help introduce them to new things that might expand their minds.
Spooky, funny and inspirational Halloween quotes can be found in poetry
5. “If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween.” — Douglas Coupland
What is your favorite Halloween costume you ever wore?
Chances are, it was something you took particular pride in, or that you felt said something about yourself.
Costumes sometimes make our true selves more visible than everyday outfits, as cute Halloween quotes point out.
6. “A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween.” — Erma Bombeck
Do you have fond memories of “terrifying” the adults in your life when you dressed up in a spooky Halloween costume as a kid?
Halloween can be family fun event
Halloween can be fun for the whole family, as Halloween quotes reflect. What is your favorite Halloween family tradition?
Does it involve a little mischief or trickery?
7. “Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night.” — Steve Almond
Of course, for many of us, Halloween is all about one thing: candy.
Whether you favor chocolate, candy corn or pixie sticks, we can all agree that trick-or-treating is one of the best parts of being a kid.
Happy Halloween quotes can remind us of this simple pleasure.
And, they can inspire us to take in the beauty of a crisp fall night as we troupe around the neighborhood.
Scary Halloween quotes
8. “Where there is no imagination there is no horror.” — Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
Do you like scary movies?
Part of enjoying them involves suspending disbelief.
You know that the monsters, witches and zombies onscreen are the product of costumes, makeup and special effects—but it’s still fun to imagine they might be real!
Scary Halloween quotes put us in the mood to be delightfully frightened.
9. “The farther we’ve gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we’ve come to need Halloween.” — Paula Guran
Halloween can evoke a simpler fun time
Halloween can evoke a simpler time, when neighbors knew and trusted each other, and imagination was the best toy on the market.
The best Halloween quotes remind us that though it may be a silly holiday, Halloween has some special elements to it.
10. “Last Halloween was bad for me. I got beat up. I went to a party dressed as a piñata.” — Jim Samuels
What is the funniest Halloween costume you have ever seen?
Some people go all-out for Halloween, coming up with creative and imaginative costumes that are truly one-of-a-kind.
Let Halloween quotes inspire you to come up with a brilliant costume this year!
Funny Halloween quotes
11. “Halloween was confusing. All my life my parents said, ‘Never take candy from strangers.’ And then they dressed me up and said, ‘Go beg for it.’ I didn’t know what to do! I’d knock on people’s doors and go, ‘Trick or treat… no thank you.'” — Rita Rudner
Halloween is the one day of the year you are allowed to knock on stranger’s doors and demand candy—so you may as well take full advantage of it!
Funny Halloween quotes show us the lighter side of this spooky, creepy, frightful holiday.
We hope you were inspired by the above Halloween quotes, which are part of our fun and inspiring life quotes series.
What are the best Halloween quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!