With the help of happy life quotes, you can learn to look at your life with a positive perspective.
1. “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” — Dalai Lama
So much of life comes down to how you look at things.
After all, no matter which problems may arise, chances are you have much to be grateful for.
Taking the time to notice that can have an amazing effect not just on your outlook, but on life itself.
It’s natural to sometimes get lost in the day-to-day slog of everyday life, but if you take the time to look for inspirational material, it is always possible to transcend the mundane.
With happy life quotes – you’ll always find happiness if you look for it
2. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.” — James Openheim
3. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.” — Marcus Aurelius
3. “Find ecstasy in life; the mere sense of living is joy enough.” — Emily Dickinson
When looking through the best happy life quotes, one similarity exists among many of them: the idea that happiness is an internal emotion, rather than one that can be gained through external means.
If you take even a few minutes each day to appreciate what you have, you can actually grow a sense of happiness with yourself and the world around you.
Of course, this is easier said than done, especially in trying times.
But even in the darkest of days, there is likely something you can find to focus on and be happy about.
Happiness will always outshine darkness
4. “In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
5. “Resolve to keep happy and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.” — Helen Keller
6. “Negative emotions like loneliness, envy, and guilt have an important role to play in a happy life; they’re big, flashing signs that something needs to change.” — Gretchen Rubin
Without negative experiences, we would not be able to fully appreciate happiness.
When reading the above inspirational happy life quotes, it is easy to see that life requires balance.
Rather than looking at difficult experiences as being purely negative, we can learn to be grateful for them, because they often guide us toward happier times.
The next time you find yourself in a difficult situation, look to these inspirational quotes to remind yourself that eventually, the dark times will pass and you will find happiness once again.
You can also use negative emotions as a guide for finding what makes you happy.
Choose to be happy
7. “If you want to be happy, be.” — Leo Tolstoy
8. “People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
9. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.” — Robert Anthony
These short happy life quotes are rather simple, but they express an important idea: rather than waiting around to become happy, instead choose to spend that time making your own happiness.
Obviously, we cannot always control the bad things that happen in our lives.
But we can control our own outlook, and keep ourselves from wallowing in our own misery.
Despair can sometimes be seductive, and it’s easy to get into a pattern of pessimism.
Reading these quotes about being happy with yourself, you should be able to choose to be happy, instead of focusing on the negative.
Happiness and humor go hand in hand
10. “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.” — Herm Albright
11. “Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go.” — Oscar Wilde
12. “It’s pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed.” — Kin Hubbard
You have probably heard the expression, “laughter is the best medicine.”
Sometimes, when all else fails, a good laugh will do more to lift our spirits than anything else.
Humor plays an important role
Humor also plays an important role in strengthening your relationships, and fostering healthy and happy partnerships.
If you are a fan of happy husband and happy wife means a happy life quotes, then you know the power that a little humor and positivity can bring to a marriage or relationship.
Pay attention to what makes you laugh, and what makes those around you laugh.
Next time you feel down, don’t be afraid to find levity in the situation.
When you find happiness, hang onto it
13. “Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness.” — Zhuangzi
14. “Be happy with what you have. Be excited about what you want.” — Alan Cohen
15. “Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” — Omar Khayyam
Days add up to years, and years add up to lifetimes.
The above happy life quotes and sayings show that rather than waiting for the perfect house, car, job, relationship or family to make you happy, you can instead choose to be happy right now.
When you put positivity into the world, chances are you will get more out of life.
If you have trouble appreciating what you do have, consider reading short quotes about being happy once or twice a week.
These quotes help put things into perspective, and remind you to look on the bright side.
Happiness isn’t a treat; it’s a way of life
16. “A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning.” — Lillian Gish
17. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.” — Frank Tyger
18. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” — Groucho Marx
Some things in life are out of your control.
But there is one very important thing that is always within your power to determine: your own outlook.
As happy wife happy life quotes can show us, happiness can be found in caring for the important people in our lives.
Taking the time to appreciate the people, places and things that you get to experience each day can also bring a strong sense of satisfaction.
The next time you are feeling down, take a moment to find the positive side of things, and express gratitude for what you do have.
Having trouble finding happiness in your own life?
Take a cue from one more very important quote about how to find happiness in life:
19. “I will go anywhere as long as it’s forward.” — David Livingston
We hope you were inspired by the above happy life quotes, which are part of our life quotes series.
What are the best happy life quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!