These kindergarten quotes will help you inspire and encourage your little one.
1. “A spirited, unruly student is preferable. It’s much easier to direct passion than to try and inspire it.” — Joan Desmond
Being a good student isn’t about sitting silently at your desk—especially not in kindergarten.
This early educational experience is all about being curious and getting excited for the rest of your school career.
If you are a parent or teacher of a kindergartner, it is your job to be inspirational to them.
The best kindergarten quotes remind us that this crucial year can truly make or break a student’s entire trajectory.
Instill them with confidence and provide a solid educational base, and they’ll have what they need to succeed.
Stifle their imagination, and they might never recover academically.
Kindergarten quotes illustrate that the most important lessons come early
2. “All I really need to know I learned in kindergarten.” — Robert Fulghum
3. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” — Clay P. Bedford
4. “Kids deserve the right to think that they can change the world.” — Lois Lowry
Inspirational kindergarten quotes remind us that the most important lessons are the ones that set us up for success early.
Doing things like reading to your child every day, encouraging them to be creative and teaching them the difference between right and wrong will have a deep impact on their lives.
It’s at this age when the most important lessons take root.
Are you a teacher in charge of putting together a kindergarten yearbook?
If so, it might be fun to include some kindergarten yearbook quotes in the book.
There are a lot of inspirational, cute, funny and profound kindergarten quotes out there, and researching is half the fun!
The wisdom you find and imbue your students with can follow them throughout their lives, shaping the people they eventually become.
Inspirational kindergarten quotes show that kids learn by teaching them, not drilling them
5. “If a child can’t learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.” — Ignacio Estrada
6. “You cannot make people learn. You can only provide the right conditions for learning to happen.” — Vince Gowmon
7. “Be sure that in your educating you are not manufacturing obedient citizens, but rather unleashing powerful, creative souls.” — Vince Gowmon
If you think a good kindergarten student is one who is quiet and does what they’re told without ever asking questions, you need to think again!
As kindergarten quotes for parents point out, different kids learn in different ways, and it is up to you to find how your child learns and encourage them to do their best.
Whether they raise their hand politely or get hyperactive when they know the answer, be sure to satiate their hunger for knowledge.
Kindergarten quotes for teachers also serve as a helpful reminder that you cannot expect every child to act the same.
It can be exhausting being a kindergarten teacher, but it can also be among the most rewarding jobs out there.
Remember that when you get discouraged.
Challenge children to succeed and they will
8. “Children need to be challenged and pushed, not to the point where they give up but to the point where they think: Wow, look at me go!” — Robert John Meehan
9. “Never help a child with a task that they feel they can complete themselves.” — Maria Montessori
10. “The more risks you allow your children to make, the better they learn to look after themselves.” — Roald Dahl
Does your child have a kindergarten graduation coming up?
If so, it might be fun to look up some kindergarten graduation quotes—as much for your benefit as for theirs!
A good quote can bring out inspiration and excitement, and help you look at things from a different perspective.
The best kindergarten quotes all share a common theme: this is an important time for any kid, and it is up to their parents, loved ones and teachers to help make sure that the succeed.
If you put thought, work and sensitivity into it, chances are you will do a good job.
Make a good impression and encourage learning
11. “We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.” — Stacia Tauscher
12. “Children are like wet cement. Whatever falls on them makes an impression.” — Dr. Haim Ginott
13. “A child must know that he is a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn’t been, and until the end of the world there will not be, another child like him.” — Pablo Casals
Both serious and funny kindergarten quotes remind us that each child is unique and special, and that we need to celebrate and recognize that fact.
The next time your child or student does something unexpected, don’t act like it’s strange; instead, encourage them to explore the new possibility more!
Many parents of kindergartners can find it inspirational to see what their child is like today, and dream of who they might become.
Your child contains so much potential, and it is important to explore that with them.
But it’s also important to celebrate who they are today, right now.
Foster a learning environment they’ll love
14. “Children must be taught how to think, not what to think.” — Margaret Mead
15. “Children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn.” — O. Fred Donaldson
16. “Do not confine your children to your own learning, for they were born in another time.” — Chinese Proverb
Will your child soon be starting kindergarten? Reading starting kindergarten quotes can help you prepare for this important and exciting time in your child’s life, and in your journey as a parent.
Look for words of wisdom to help you explore the different possibilities of this pivotal time.
Helping them find new ways to look at the experience might make them feel less afraid, and less alone.
All of this can be boiled down to a simple idea: early childhood education is critical.
Perhaps no one put it better than the late, great Dr. Seuss:
17. “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you’ll go!” — Dr. Seuss
Whether it’s the first or last day of kindergarten, quotes like these illustrate the power of early education.
We hope you were inspired by the above kindergarten quotes, which are part of our quotes about life series.
What are the best kindergarten quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!