Inspirational man quotes hold a lot of wisdom and can be applied by men of all ages and backgrounds.
Everyone is confronted with certain expectations in their life and men are often subject to certain standards of masculinity that can be difficult, if not impossible, to meet.
1. “As a general rule, it pays to be confident, helpful and nice.” — Colin Wright
Being a good man isn’t about meeting these standards, though; it’s about cultivating characteristics that inspire kindness, honesty, and courage.
Man quotes to keep you going
When you experience struggles in your life, it’s important to find a source of inspiration to keep you going.
Inspirational quotes for men hold a lot of wisdom that can be applied by men of all ages and backgrounds.
Even quotes from hundreds of years ago still hold true today.
Consider some of these famous quotes about being a man of character to give you the motivation you need to work towards a better version of yourself.
Stand tall with these quotes for men
2. “Reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us.” — Thomas Paine
3. “It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain
4. “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power.” — Abraham Lincoln
Pride is not about proving yourself to others, it’s about being confident in the quality of your own character.
These being a man quotes demonstrate that your pride should come from within and not be defined by what other people think of you.
By focusing on being a better person, rather than convincing others that you are, you can actually improve yourself in very meaningful ways.
Man quotes about being a real man
As we can see from these quotes about being a real man, if your pride is based on what others think, you may realize too late that you have neglected your internal character.
The true test of who you are as a person is not whether you can make it through hard times, but whether you can use the power that’s given to you to achieve something good for the world around you.
Speak Truthfully and Honestly
5. “Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.” — Plato
6. “Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought.” — Henri Bergson
7. “Don’t raise your voice. Improve your argument.” — Desmond Tutu
If you ever feel pressured to over-explain when you want to get your point across, these encouraging quotes for men are important to consider.
The reality is that speaking more does not make you wiser.
In fact, speaking less can actually demonstrate your thoughtfulness.
Don’t just speak for the sake of saying something, speak when it’s important to do so.
These quotes about being a good man emphasize the importance of being honest, truthful and thoughtful when you speak to others.
Face Your Fears with Courage
8. “What we fear doing most is usually what we most need to do.” — Tim Ferriss
9. “Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” — Winston Churchill
10. “Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow know what you truly want to become.” — Steve Jobs
Everyone has fears and doubts, and these things can keep you from achieving what you really want in life.
You may never be able to eliminate your fears, but you can decide for yourself whether you will let your fears hold you back.
If a new experience or choice scares you, it’s possible that it’s the right thing for you to do.
Even if it doesn’t pan out, you can learn from that experience and move on to the next thing.
Man quotes about life teach us it’s alright to be afraid
These man quotes about life teach us that it’s alright to be afraid, but it’s not alright to let fear keep us down.
At the end of the day, you will be drawn to the things that are most important to you.
Whether it’s a certain career track, an international trip or a volunteer opportunity, these uplifting quotes for him remind us that courageously following our hearts will get us where we want to go.
Don’t Let Critics Drag You Down
11. “Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.” — Greg King
12. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” — Albert Einstein
13. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.” — Mark Twain
There’s something to be said for surrounding yourself with like-minded people who share your values and ambitions.
These funny quotes for men all communicate the importance of aligning yourself with people who will lift you up, and staying away from people who drag you down.
If you feel like you’re having a disagreement with someone who simply doesn’t know what they’re talking about, walking away is the best thing to do.
You don’t have to spend all your time with people who are unsupportive of your goals.
Instead, take the advice of these quotes for men and focus on cultivating relationships that will help you get to where you want to go.
Inaction is as Important as Action
14. “It takes a great man to be a good listener.” — Calvin Coolidge
15. “A man who is a master of patience is master of everything else.” — George Savile
16. “The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” — Edmund Burke
When you think about the most prominent figures throughout history, you might focus on the things that they did—the actions they took.
If your brain focuses on action, you may be surprised to learn that thinking about the impact of inaction is just as important.
Inaction in your life
Inaction can be powerful and have a huge impact on your life and the lives of the people around you.
These short quotes for men show that, in some cases, inaction is a powerful force for good, but in others, it’s a powerful force for bad.
The key is knowing when it’s the right time to do something, and when it’s the right time to be patient.
There’s no sure way to determine whether or not to act, but funny man quotes can give you some insight into action and inaction.
Accept Your Failures and Move Past Them
17. “Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” — Babe Ruth
19. “Man is never so manly as when he feels deeply, acts boldly and expresses himself with frankness and with fervor.” — Benjamin Disraeli
Failure is not a bad thing!
In fact, the best inspirational quotes for men show us how important failure is to your success.
By looking at failure as a natural part of the growing process, you can begin to appreciate failure and not fear it.
These attitude quotes for men are great reminders that your response to failure is far more important than the failure itself.
Strive to Broaden Your Knowledge
20. “Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.” — Henry David Thoreau
21. “Education begins the gentleman, but reading, good company and reflection must finish him.” — John Locke
22. “The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do.” — B. F. Skinner
Perhaps the most important thing you can do as a man is to seek knowledge.
Knowledge is about more than just memorizing facts, it’s about expanding your worldview and developing critical thinking skills that will carry over into every aspect of your life.
Being a man of character is all about integrity, honesty and growth
When you look at all of these wonderful man of his word quotes, you can tell that being a man of character is all about integrity, honesty and growth.
It can all summed up in this great quote about knuckling down and persevering each and every day:
23. “Be humble. Be hungry. And be the hardest worker in the room.” — Dwayne Johnson
We hope you were inspired by the above man quotes, which are part of our life quotes series.
What are the best quotes for men you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!