Mark Cuban quotes inspire you to reach your highest potential.
Mark Cuban is consistently recognized for his entrepreneurial spirit.
He’s constantly looking for new investment markets, business opportunities and great ideas—whether it’s in his own personal life or on the hit TV show Shark Tank.
And with each new venture he undertakes, the world welcomes more Mark Cuban quotes for success.
He’s a man with a lot to say and for those seeking his level of ongoing success, the things he says are well-worth listening to.
If you’re an up-and-coming entrepreneur looking for some inspirational words to help you get moving in the right direction, Mark Cuban is someone you need to turn your attention to.
Here are some of the most inspiring Mark Cuban quotes
1. “I don’t care what anyone says. Being rich is a good thing.” — Mark Cuban
As funny as it is inspirational, Mark has a point with this one!
Many people want to chide successful individuals solely based on their wealth.
The fact is, it opens you to even more of life’s opportunities and gives you a chance to do more good in the world.
2. “One thing we can all control is effort. Put in the time to become an expert in whatever you’re doing. It will give you an advantage because most people don’t do this.” — Mark Cuban
If you need motivational words, Mark Cuban has no shortage of them.
His outlook on effort is particularly motivating.
He—like many successful individuals—believes that you get out what you put in.
If you put forth your very best effort, expect the very best results.
Mark Cuban on leadership and confidence
3. “Leaders don’t look backwards to condemn what has already been done; they look forward to create a better future.” — Mark Cuban
Many Mark Cuban quotes are about leadership.
Cuban’s views on leadership are sound because he himself is a leader.
He believes looking forward is the best thing you can do if you want to affect real, positive change.
4. “I love being challenged and defending my positions and, when I’m wrong, learning from the exchange. It makes me smarter and better as a businessperson.” — Mark Cuban
Challenging yourself can be hard.
You might fear failure or being wrong, to the point where you don’t learn the important lessons you need to.
Inspirational Mark Cuban quotes like this one encourage us to put ourselves out there to be challenged. Sometimes, being knocked down a peg or two is the best thing we can do for ourselves.
5. “When I die, I want to come back as me.” — Mark Cuban
This is one of many funny Mark Cuban quotes and it illustrates why he’s such a dynamic personality.
When you can confidently say that, of all the people in the world, you want to be yourself, it shows more than just hubris—it’s about having confidence in who you are.
Cuban on entrepreneurship and hustling
6. “I love entrepreneurship because that’s what makes this country grow, and if I can help companies grow, I am creating jobs; I am setting foundations for future generations. It sends the message that the American Dream is alive and well.” — Mark Cuban
The American Dream. Is there any idea more motivational?
Many people think that the American Dream is lost, but the truth is, it’s alive and well in people like Mark Cuban.
If you have visions of being your own boss, making your own success and becoming an icon, look no further than role models like Cuban for proof of the American Dream.
7. “Sweat equity is the best equity.” — Mark Cuban
If something is given to you, does it mean the same as something you’ve worked hard to earn?
This motivational concept is called sweat equity, and successful individuals like Cuban know how powerful it can be.
Putting in hard work each and every day leads to success, plain and simple.
8. “Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don’t find one, it’s you.” — Mark Cuban
There are a lot of great Mark Cuban quotes that apply to anyone, at any time—including this one.
Protect yourself and stay sharp by being aware of potential pitfalls when you’re doing business.
9. “It’s not in the dreaming, it’s in the doing.” — Mark Cuban
Anyone can have a great idea.
It’s what people do with that great idea that makes them successful.
If you have a great idea, don’t let it go to waste!
Start moving forward and find a way to get your concept into reality.
Mark Cuban on failing
10. “If you can’t admit a failure, you’re not an entrepreneur.” — Mark Cuban
Failure is something every great entrepreneur needs to come to terms with…period!
Mark Cuban quotes like this one let us know that even the most successful have setbacks.
Before you succumb to them, be reminded that failure comes with the territory.
Then, get up and keep moving forward!
Mark Cuban success and hard work quotes
11. “Work like there is someone working twenty-four hours a day to take it all away from you.” — Mark Cuban
Think about how motivational these words are.
If we imagine we’re always in competition with someone else, we’ll be driven to work harder and smarter to beat them.
If your success could be taken by someone else, wouldn’t you double down to earn what’s yours and protect everything you’ve worked so hard for?
12. “It’s not about money or connections, it’s the willingness to outwork and outlearn everyone when it comes to your business. And if it fails, you learn from what happened and do a better job next time.” — Mark Cuban
Too many people fail before they truly get started because they don’t put in the effort to be the best.
This, among many of the best Mark Cuban quotes, reminds us that to go far, we need to work smart and hard.
Learn more, do more and be more than the person next to you.
Perseverance is critical for success
13. “I wouldn’t be where I am now if I didn’t fail a lot. The good, the bad, it’s all part of the success equation.” — Mark Cuban
If you look at business success like an equation, it begins to make a lot more sense.
Mark Cuban quotes on success like this one show how easy it is to be on the right side of that equation.
Embracing failure as part of the road to success is important, and it’s an essential variable of the equation that’s often overlooked.
14. “Don’t start a company unless it’s an obsession and something you love. If you have an exit strategy, it’s not an obsession.” — Mark Cuban
For the more business-minded individual, this Mark Cuban quote shows how important it is to be passionate and all in!
Many times, business owners will have an exit strategy—something to rely on if things go south.
If you’re passionate and all in, you won’t look to exit because you’ll do whatever it takes to make things work.
Building a business and opportunities
15. “Focus on building the best possible business. If you are great, people will notice and opportunities will appear.” — Mark Cuban
There is no substitute for quality and excellence.
Other people can copy your ideas and your actions, but they can’t replicate the pure dedication and quality you put into everything you do.
This invaluable, indelible quality will shine through in your success at every level.
16. “There is very little knowledge that can’t be obtained through effort.” — Mark Cuban
Mark Cuban quotes like this one reflect on how important effort is.
Knowing everything is impossible, but paying your dues through hard work will help you gain expertise over time.
Have the motivation and focus to learn every single day.
Mark Cuban final takeaways
17. “Treat your customers like they own you. Because they do.” — Mark Cuban
This is Mark Cuban’s way of saying “stay humble.”
If you constantly remind yourself that you’re in business to serve your customers, you’ll work towards doing the best job possible for them.
18. “Because if you’re prepared and you know what it takes. It’s not a risk. You just have to figure out how to get there. There is always a way to get there.” — Mark Cuban
Risk is in the eye of the beholder.
This motivational quote from Cuban is all about understanding what risk means to you.
If you recognize risk, you can start planning for it and avoiding it.
Likewise, you can power through it and reach the success that might’ve otherwise been out of reach.
Learn more about Mark and his companies.
We hope you were inspired by the above mark Cuban quotes, which are part of our entrepreneur quotes series.
What are the best Mark Cuban quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!
Image Credit: Gage Skidmore from Peoria, AZ, United States of America / CC BY-SA