These Oprah Winfrey quotes will inspire you!
She’s an icon in and of herself, with success spanning decades and an empire that’s growing even still today.
No one can dispute Oprah as the queen of entrepreneurs and for good reason: few have come close to achieving everything she has.
That’s why it’s no surprise that Oprah Winfrey quotes are an inspirational source for people seeking to get the most out of their business and personal lives.
Whether you’re starting a business, making the decision to be a better person or looking for your next opportunity in life – Oprah has inspirational words of wisdom to share with you.
Best of all, her messages are easy to apply to everyday life, so you can live your best life.
Oprah Winfrey quotes on change
1. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” — Oprah Winfrey
Isn’t it inspirational to know that your outlook can have a profound effect on how your life plays out?
By waking up one day and deciding to approach things with optimism instead of giving into pessimism, you’ll take the first step towards a happier, healthier and more fruitful life.
You become what you believe
2. “Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” — Oprah Winfrey
This is one of the very best Oprah Winfrey quotes because it embodies who Oprah is as a person.
She’s always encouraging and positive, helping people raise their own goals for themselves.
If you believe in yourself and your aspirations, who’s to say you can’t achieve them?
Oprah Winfrey on struggle and strength
3. “Where there is no struggle there is no strength.” — Oprah Winfrey
Oprah comes from modest roots.
Her success is the product of hard work, which means inspirational Oprah Winfrey quotes about struggle and strength are well worth paying attention to.
If you find yourself struggling in life, know that you’re building the strength you need to succeed.
Oprah on wisdom
4. “Turn your wounds into wisdom.” — Oprah Winfrey
Life is going to blindside you at times and may even kick you while you’re down.
Being able to take the wounds it leaves you with and turn them into wisdom is one of the most motivational feelings a person can have.
It means you’re invincible, with the wisdom to persevere.
5. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
It’s easy to take for granted what we have and lust for things we don’t.
Oprah quotes like this one encourage us to recognize what we have and make the most of it.
If you spend all your time wishing for something you don’t have, you’ll miss the value in what you do have.
Oprah on moving on
6. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” — Oprah Winfrey
Remembering that life is hard is one thing.
Using it as a inspiring tool to help you hold yourself accountable is another.
When you decide to take responsibility for who you are and what you do, you’ll discover opportunities that don’t exist to those who are stuck in the past.
Oprah Winfrey quotes on worry
7. “Worrying is wasted time. Use the same energy for doing something about whatever worries you.”
What might happen in the future, may or may not happen.
The best Oprah Winfrey quotes are ones like these, that keep us on track and moving forward.
Don’t waste energy thinking about something that might occur.
Instead, invest that energy into moving forward and taking action towards new goals.
Oprah on real friends
8. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” — Oprah Winfrey
Remember who’s on your side and who your real friends are.
When you reach success in life, everyone will want to be your friend.
True friends, according to the wise words of Oprah Winfrey quotes, are those who would still care about you if you had nothing.
Keep this in mind.
Work on being significant
9. “Don’t worry about being successful, but work toward being significant and the success will naturally follow.” — Oprah Winfrey
So many people are focused on success, but they may not be focused on ensuring their actions are helping others in the process.
Be significant by ensuring your actions do help others!
Oprah Winfrey quotes on success encourage us to reflect and ensure business, as well as personal actions are aligned with raising up others too.
When you do, you’ll differentiate yourself from the pack.
Honor your calling
10. “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born. And how you become most truly alive.” — Oprah Winfrey
What are you meant to do in life?
It’s a question few people take the time to ask themselves.
Instead, they do what they’re told or they do what pays the bills.
Take a moment to ask yourself what your calling is and make it a point to do that thing.
What are you truly passionate about?
Success won’t be far behind if you follow your passion.
11. “Your journey begins with a choice to get up, step out and live fully.” — Oprah Winfrey
Every day starts the same.
What you make of each new day is what will determine where you go and what you achieve in life.
Take on an inspiring mindset each day and make the most of every opportunity.
When you dive in and truly take advantage of each minute of your day, each day will be worth living and enjoying.
Live the life of your dreams
12. “The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” — Oprah Winfrey
We’re all concerned about risk: Losing what we’ve worked hard to earn.
Oprah quotes like this one remind us that risk is perceived and that truly risking yourself means pursuing your dreams.
When you gather the self-confidence to live out your dreams, you’ll put risk behind you and reward in front of you.
Imagine and create
13. “Anything you can imagine you can create.” — Oprah Winfrey
Everyone has their own idea of how things should be.
But, most of us are forced to live in a world where someone else’s vision prevails.
Because we don’t take action!
Keep your own ideas front and center in your mind and work hard to bring them to life each day.
Oprah Winfrey doesn’t focus on money
14. “The reason I’ve been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money.” — Oprah Winfrey
Oprah is one of the richest women in the world.
But, Oprah Winfrey quotes on success rarely have anything to do with money.
It’s because Oprah is all about living the life you want, not one that results in a big bank account.
Do what you want and be who you want to be — the money will follow.
You have the power to move your life forward
15. “If you’re sitting around waiting on somebody to save you, to fix you, to even help you, you are wasting your time because only you have the power to take responsibility to move your life forward.” — Oprah Winfrey
Helping others should be a cornerstone in your life, but that doesn’t mean relying on someone else to solve your problems.
Oprah Winfrey quotes about self-sufficiency illustrate the importance of being able to solve your own problems and make your own way in life.
Leadership and empathy
16. “Leadership is about empathy. It is about having the ability to relate to and connect with people for the purpose of inspiring and empowering their lives.” — Oprah Winfrey
Everyone has the power to be a leader.
Oprah Winfrey quotes on leadership teach us that it’s not your position that makes you a leader—it’s how you hold yourself and conduct your actions.
Being relatable and acting with candor will inspire people, even when you’re not trying.
But, overall being able to empathize is a critical component of good leadership.
Oprah on courage
17. “The only courage you will need is the courage to live the life you are meant to.” — Oprah Winfrey
It’s not always easy to be yourself.
In fact, it can be downright hard!
When you have the confidence and courage to accept and embrace yourself, however, you’ll find that life becomes a lot easier.
You’ll have more energy to focus on the good things and less anxiety about maintaining an appearance.
Don’t undervalue what you do
18. “When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.” — Oprah Winfrey
Oprah Winfrey quotes about value remind us that we teach others how to treat us.
Don’t set your self-value low and let people walk on you—instead, expect that other should value and respect you, and they will follow your lead.
Creation of a better life
19. “Knowing your deepest intention can be your guiding force in the creation of a better life.” — Oprah Winfrey
What do you want to do with your life?
Do you have strong, rooted principles that you can reflect on?
This and many other Oprah quotes encourage us to examine who we are and what we stand for.
It’s these governing principles that will determine how we live our lives.
Celebrate your life
20. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” — Oprah Winfrey
Life is a miracle and being able to live it is a gift.
Recognize wins, birthdays and anniversaries, enjoy snow days and thunderstorms, appreciate lessons learned through mistakes and misfortunes.
In the end, it’s all part of the cumulative life experience.
Treasure everything—it’s worth celebrating!
There’s a reason Oprah is one of the most well-known, successful people in the entire world.
Learn more about Oprah Winfrey here.
We hope you were inspired by the above Oprah Winfrey quotes, which are part of our inspiring quotes for entrepreneurs series.
What are the best Oprah Winfrey quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!
Image Credit: Official White House Photo by Lawrence Jackson / Public domain