These overcoming obstacles quotes will help you overcome the obstacles you are facing.
It’s an undeniable fact that you are or will face some significant obstacles in your life.
For many people, the way they respond to obstacles either makes them or breaks them.
1. “If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” — Frank A. Clark
When you face challenges, it’s important to look to the ways some of the world’s wisest handled obstacles in their lives.
Overcoming obstacles quotes teach us how we can handle even the most trying circumstances with grit, grace and gumption.
When you going through a difficult time, it’s often tempting to give up, or to look for the easiest possible way out.
It’s often a challenge to find the strength within to overcome obstacles and exercise the very best we have to offer the world.
When you become the best possible version of yourself, obstacles are no longer challenges; they’re opportunities.
Overcoming obstacles quotes show how to build character
2. “One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity.” — Albert Schweitzer
3. “Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” — Les Brown
4. “Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” — Thomas Carlyle
For many of the world’s most significant cultural and historical figures, obstacles led to them changing the course of the world.
Inspirational obstacle quotes show us that when we are faced with challenges, we should use them to our advantage.
Obstacles are an opportunity to grow and improve ourselves, as well as the world around us.
It’s always edifying to see the ways in which our favorite inspirational figures used their own intelligence, skill and internal strength to overcome even the most challenging circumstances.
We remember these people not because they hid from their challenges, but because they rose up to face them.
Let obstacles encourage optimism
5. “One of the secrets of life is to make stepping stones out of stumbling blocks.” — Jack Penn
6. “A positive attitude can destroy every negative obstacle.” — Terry Mark
7. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” ― Molière
How do obstacles make you feel?
When you see a challenge up ahead, do you respond by becoming frustrated or disheartened?
You should try to not let obstacles discourage you.
In fact, you should always view obstacles as an opportunity to grow and improve.
Often, what differentiates a great, successful, inspirational person from the crowd is their ability to face obstacles with a smile.
Overcoming obstacle quotes remind us that challenges are opportunities
Motivational overcoming obstacles quotes remind us that we should view obstacles not as challenges to power through, but as opportunities to learn from.
Regardless of the challenges you’re facing in your life, you should look for lessons as you navigate them.
If you’re able to derive lessons from obstacles you’re facing, you’re much more likely to encounter success and reward later on down the line.
Whether you’re facing challenges in your career or are encountering obstacles in your personal life, learning how to face every battle with a smile can help you improve your mindset and elevate your status in the world.
Every obstacle can be conquered
8. “Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.” — John Quincy Adams
9. “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” — Norman Vincent Peale
10. “By prevailing over all obstacles and distractions, one may unfailingly arrive at his chosen goal or destination.” — Christopher Columbus
Regardless of how serious the challenges ahead may seem at the time, it’s important to realize that every obstacle can, at some point, be conquered.
Quotes about overcoming obstacles and adversity teach us that we possess the power and energy within ourselves necessary to move past even the darkest of times.
It’s truly motivational to see the way some of the world’s wisest individuals have navigated challenges in their own lives.
We can always rely on historical and cultural figures to inspire us to become better versions of ourselves.
This is what makes them role models and exemplary figures.
Don’t make your own obstacles!
11. “Others can stop you temporarily—you are the only one who can do it permanently.” — Zig Ziglar
12. “There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don’t allow yourself to become one of them.” — Ralph Marston
13. “Many times we are our worst enemy. If we could learn to conquer ourselves, then we will have a much easier time overcoming the obstacles that are in front of us.” — Stephan Labossiere
While we shouldn’t view obstacles negatively, it’s also important to realize that we should never intentionally create hardships for ourselves.
Telling yourself that you can’t accomplish your goals, or living life with a negative mindset, could be creating a set of new obstacles for yourself.
You should look to some of the best overcoming obstacles quotes to see the ways that the world’s wisest, most inspirational figures moved past these personal inhibitions.
Often, a good quote is enough to give your obstacle context, and context might just be what you need to find a solution.
Embrace every obstacle that challenges you
14. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” — Maya Angelou
15. “The mere fact that you have obstacles to overcome is in your favor.” — Robert Collier
16. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.” — Booker T. Washington
Whenever you’re facing a challenge in your personal life, look for the ways you can use the lessons learned through the hardships to edify you and improve your outlook on the world.
You can rely on obstacles to make you a better person in the long-run, so long as you maintain the energy and dedication necessary to power through.
Quotes about overcoming obstacles makes you stronger and can help you see the best way to continue on, in spite of thew challenges in your life.
It’s always motivational to see the ways that some of the world’s most successful and influential individuals moved past their own obstacles in their personal and professional lives.
Embracing challenges facilitates your growth as a person, which will lead you to your ability to tackle and surmount even bigger obstacles in the future.
Keep your eyes on the prize!
17. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” — Henry Ford
18. “Real success is being totally indulgent about your own trip. You put your blinders on about the garbage and go full speed ahead.” — Betsey Johnson
19. “Don’t be discouraged. It’s often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.” — Anonymous
You should always keep your mind focused on your goals, even when the world around you is overly distracting, or when you’re up against seemingly impossible odds.
The goal is to stay singularly focused on your personal or professional objectives.
Quotes about overcoming obstacles in business teach us that there are few things more significant than maintaining a positive mindset, especially when it comes to success in the professional sphere.
The real moral of the story when it comes to obstacles is simple: Expect them!
Life is filled with them and if you learn to accept and embrace them, you’re going to go further, faster.
Take a look at one last piece of wisdom that echoes this sentiment:
20. “If you expect life to be easy, challenges will seem difficult. If you accept that challenges may occur, life will be easier.” — Rob Liano
We hope you were inspired by the above overcoming obstacles quotes, which are part of our inspirational quotes for entrepreneurs series.
What are the best overcoming obstacles quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!