Everyone goes through hard times. What’s important to remember is that you can find an inspirational spark though for example, quotes about hard times, that will help you see that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In time, things will get better.
Part of what makes us human is enduring times of struggle, whether caused by the loss of a loved one, heartbreak, economic downturn, extreme stress, or other difficult situations.
Quotes about hard times helps with challenges and struggles
1. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” — Bob Marley
To help you get through your struggles, you might use many different coping mechanisms. Eating well, exercising regularly, and sleeping enough are all great habits to employ when faced with a difficult situation.
Another great thing to incorporate into your daily routine is meditation using a mantra or quotes about hard times. Pulling power from language is a very human way to deal with challenging times; hard times quotes can help give you the strength you need to push through.
2. “The most important thing is that sometimes you have to go through hard times to get to the good stuff.” — Abby Wambach
Hard times quotes also help us learn
3. “When you go through really hard times, you really figure out who you are, how you respond to things, and how things affect you.” — Lauren Alaina
4. “You need to spend time crawling alone through the shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.” — Shaun Hick
5. “There is no success without hardship.” — Sophocles
When times get hard, quotes can help us remember that enduring hardship actually helps us learn more about ourselves. It’s said that getting through challenges helps people in relationships grow stronger, and the same applies to us individually.
Working through difficult situations helps us process our world and our reactions in order to emerge at the other end stronger and wiser.
Another benefit gained from facing hard times is learning how you naturally respond to difficulties vs. how you’d like to respond. Embracing this learning process is a healthy way to grow in your coping skills, and can even help make you a better partner, friend, family member, or parent.
Shift your perspective
6. “Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one.” — Hans Selye
7. “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” — Lee Iacocca
8. “I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.” — Jewish Proverb
It’s natural for us to want to break down or give up when faced with hard times, but sometimes a shift in perspective is what we truly need to be able to muster all our strength and break through.
Quotes about going through hard times and staying strong can help us remember that we have a choice in how we react to life’s difficulties — we can throw up our hands in defeat, or we can channel our frustration into making positive changes in our families, friend groups, communities, and ourselves.
Many people find that it’s helpful to give back to their community during times of personal stress or hard times. Even though it may seem counter intuitive to add more to your plate when you’re struggling to get through a hard time, choosing to spend your time helping others in need is the perfect way to put your situation into perspective and begin to see the other side of the journey.
Better times lie ahead
9. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
10. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” — Zig Ziglar
11. “I think most art comes out of poverty and hard times.” — Willie Nelson
Perhaps one of the most important lessons we can derive from inspirational quotes about hard times is that these challenges won’t last forever. Life has many different seasons, and the turning of a new leaf is always just around the corner.
Even if you feel like you’ve hit rock bottom, the only way you can go is up! Hold your head high, stay strong, and have faith that good things lie in your future.
When it’s especially hard to remember that seasons change, ask yourself this: “In 5 years, am I even going to remember this time?” If the answer is no, you’re instantly going to feel the weight of your situation lift off your shoulders, even if only partially.
If the answer is yes, you can ask yourself why your situation will leave such an impact, and begin working your way out from that starting point.
You can get through this!
12. “The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” — Chinese Proverb
13. “If you never know hardship, you can’t really support people around you.” — Natalia Vodianova
14. “Accept hardship as a necessary discipline.” — Lailah Gifty Akita
If you are struggling through a difficult time in your life, remember that you are not alone and that you can get through whatever is holding you down. Quotes about bad times can provide the inspiration you might need to maintain strength and hope for a better tomorrow. When times get hard, quotes help shed light on possibilities we might not have previously seen.
A few more words of empowerment
If you’re someone who feels like you’re fighting life against the grain right now, it helps to reflect on the struggles of others to help you put your own in perspective. Take a look at more wise words from other people who have endured struggle:
15. “I always read about these stories of entrepreneurs – it’s like they’re in the desert with no water, and they’re the ones that survive. But I’ve been really fortunate to have people on my team who are optimistic about the future and who know that if you work through hard times that there’s usually something good at the end.” — Ben Silbermann
16. “Sometimes you go through things that seem huge at the time, like a mysterious glowing cloud devouring your entire community. While they’re happening, they feel like the only thing that matters and you can hardly imagine that there’s a world out there that might have anything else going on. And then the glow cloud moves on. And you move on. And the event is behind you. And you may find, as time passes, that you remember it less and less. Or absolutely not at all, in my case.” ― Cecil Baldwin
17. “All of us might wish at times that we lived in a more tranquil world, but we don’t. And if our times are difficult and perplexing, so are they challenging and filled with opportunity.” — Robert F. Kennedy
We hope you were inspired by the above quotes about hard times, which are part of our inspirational quotes series.
What are the best quotes about hard times you know? Leave a comment below to share the quotes you turn to in times of hardship or struggle.