Whether you are a student, an educator wanting to inspire your students, or a parent or loved one of a student, finding the right inspirational quotes for students is a wonderful way to encourage and motivate.
It’s easy to get discouraged when you are facing a pile of homework, or when teaching becomes frustrating and monotonous.
Inspirational quotes for students remind us why it’s important to study hard
1. “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.” ― Marilyn Vos Savant
Inspiring quotes can help remind you why it’s important to study hard, teach with passion, and encourage all the students in your life.
We hope you enjoy these inspirational quotes for students, and find a place for them at your desk, in your home or in your classroom.
Quotes for students can help focus
2. “Learning is not attained by chance. It must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” — Abigail Adams
3. “The point is, education in its truest form, is the foundation of all human endeavors. It is the most noble of all the civilized elements of human consciousness. Education enables the humans to achieve their fullest mental and physical potential in both personal and social life. The ability of being educated is what distinguishes humans from animals. You can teach a cockatoo to repeat a bunch of vocabularies, but you cannot teach it to construct a space shuttle and go to the moon.” — Abhijit Naskar
Do you have any favorite modern inspirational quotes for students?
Many of them give a piece of advice that might seem simple, but is in fact often overlooked: pay attention to what you are learning!
There simply is no substitute for putting in the hours studying your discipline until you perfect it.
Of course, different students learn in different ways, and what works for one might not work for another.
But most inspirational quotes for students share one thing in common: the idea that with enough hard work, determination and diligence, success is possible for any student.
Develop good study habits
4. “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out.” — Robert Collier
5. “Procrastination is the thief of time.” — Edward Young
6. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rogers
Procrastination: It is very easy to tell ourselves not to do it, but that doesn’t mean we don’t all fall prey to its clutches at one point or another.
As many inspirational quotes for college students point out, we can use different tips and tricks to help mitigate the temptation to procrastinate, and make the most of our time.
Keeping motivational quotes for students studying around your workspace is one way to help you lock in and get the job done.
It can also be helpful to make a detailed studying schedule, and save a reward for yourself to enjoy once you’ve completed every task.
You should never stop learning
7. “Studying whether there’s life on Mars or studying how the universe began, there’s something magical about pushing back the frontiers of knowledge. That’s something that is almost part of being human, and I’m certain that will continue.” — Sally Ride
8. “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.” — Alvin Toffler
9. “The man who is too old to learn was probably always too old to learn.” — Henry S. Haskins
Most people stop being formal students after high school, college or grad school.
But that doesn’t mean you stop being a student of life!
Even if you do not attend a school, motivational quotes for students’ success can still prove useful in your life.
Quotes about student success are inspirational
Do you have a new skill you need to learn to advance in your career?
Have a new hobby you want to try out, but aren’t sure where to start?
Let these quotes about student success be inspirational for you to buckle down a learn something new.
When you stay curious, the world is your classroom!
What we learn shapes who we are
10. “Try not to become a person of success, but rather try to become a person of value.” — Albert Einstein
11. “It is well to remind ourselves that anxiety signifies a conflict, and so long as a conflict is going on, a constructive solution is possible.” — Rollo May
12. “He who learns but does not think, is lost! He who thinks but does not learn is in great danger.” — Confucius
Imagine if you never learned about history, or different cultures, or the great thinkers in science, literature and mathematics.
Chances are your life would be pretty small!
Quotes for students from teachers can encourage students to expand their minds and they can actually make learning fun.
Is there a concept that you simply cannot grasp?
Sometimes all you need to do is look at things from a different angle.
Let the quotes in this article be motivational for you to develop new study habits, ask questions and push your mind to its limits.
Not every lesson comes from the classroom
13. “No schooling was allowed to interfere with my education.” — Grant Allen
14. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” — Winston Churchill
15. “Expecting all children the same age to learn from the same materials is like expecting all children the same age to wear the same size clothing.” — Madeline Hunter
There are some lessons that simply cannot be taught in a classroom, and will not be found in a textbook.
Some of the most important lessons in life are found out in the real world, and all of us could probably stand to be better students of life, as these funny inspirational quotes for students point out.
That said, quotes for students remind us that sometimes learning things in the classroom can help us to learn more outside of it.
For example, you might learn or refine your Spanish while visiting Mexico or Puerto Rico – while learning more about the culture.
Learning about biology on your next nature hike, might add a layer of appreciation that a classroom can never do.
Learn to love learning and you’ll succeed
16. “Acquiring knowledge is the most fruitful effort.” ― Eraldo Banovac
17. “Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
18. “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.” — Ralph Marston
You truly never know where education might take you.
So often, people take an elective in college as a lark and realize that they have found the subject they want to major in.
The best quotes for students encourage them to try new things, approach new subjects with curiosity and dedication, and never stop learning.
Learn something new
While everyone has different learning habits, one thing is true for us all: if we never learned anything new, the world would be a very boring place!
Learning is a lifelong endeavor and one that will fill you full of wisdom in time.
We hope you were inspired by the above quotes for students, which are part of our inspiring life quotes series.
What are the best inspirational quotes for students you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!