Our teenage years are full of change. We are making the leap from child to adult, and it is not always an easy transition. Quotes for teens allow us to appreciate this somewhat chaotic, yet defining time in our lives.
1. “Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Although these years may be full of challenges they will certainly offer many unique and wonderful experiences.
Quotes for teens show that you can take it all in and learn
2. “I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.” — Natalie Portman
3. “Before you act, listen. Before you react, think. Before you spend, earn. Before you criticize, wait. Before you pray, forgive. Before you quit, try. ” — Ernest Hemingway
4. “When you know better you do better.” — Maya Angelou
It can be difficult to focus on learning when you are experiencing a variety of personal changes, while also navigating new kinds of relationships with your peers.
Teenage quotes about love remind us of the awkward sweetness of the relationships in our lives during this time. We learn so much about who we are and whom we want to become during our teenage years, and our relationships play a large role in shaping what our lives can be.
As you take time to read quotes for teenagers you can reflect on all of the lessons you were able to learn during your formative development.
The teachers, adults and friends you encounter during your teenage years are able to inspire you to learn, grow and become who you are meant to be.
Inspirational quotes for teens show you can be a force for change
5. “Every action in our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” — Edwin Hubbel Chapin
6. “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Mahatma Gandhi
7. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” — Theodore Roosevelt
Inspirational quotes for teens prove that even the youngest of people can cause great change!
We do not need to be an older, successful adult to be a positive influence…in fact, young people who speak their mind often have a greater impact on those around them!
Learning to be a positive influence can begin with the smallest of actions.
Read quotes for teens to discover the many ways in which a smile, positive comment or helpful gesture can create a domino effect of kindness and change.
It takes a great deal of courage and perseverance to lead others in change, but the result is worth the effort. Similarly, young men can become inspired by rousing teen quotes, urging them to become their own force for change.
Discover who you are
8. “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.” — John Wooden
9. “You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have.” — Jim Rohn
10. “Act with kindness but do not expect gratitude.” — Confucius
There are many things to experience as a teen. We learn about our interests and talents because we are able to try many new activities and hobbies. We build character as we learn to deal with others in difficult situations.
The effort we put forth and the attitude we have says a lot about the type of person we are.
Reading teenage quotes and sayings about life or being a teenager quotes can help us be reflective on who we are during this stage of life—whether or not it is aligned with who we want to become in our personal life or career.
Many things are going to happen to us during our teenage years, some bad and some good. The way we choose to face these situations will help us become people of character and value. We can have a positive outlook or be full of sadness and pessimism.
Regardless, the choices we make will certainly affect the joy we have in our lives.
Embrace life’s adventure
11. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” — Mark Twain
12. “Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.” — John Wooden
13. “To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” — Anatole France
The best teen quotes are challenging and inspirational. We can choose to accept challenges and adventures or we can choose to lead a monotone life.
No one wants to get to the end of his or her life and wish they had done more!
We are going to regret not taking chances or exploring the world. Yes, life may be a bit messier and we may make mistakes along the way, but a life of adventure sounds much more interesting than a life void of experiences.
Our teenage years are the best time to start taking chances and accomplishing great things. We need to push ourselves beyond our comfort zone, to experience the greatest things life has to offer.
Being a teen is finding a perfect balance between the structure of adulthood and the adventure of childhood.
Focus on tomorrow
14. “When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.” — George Washington Carver
15. “Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.” — Albert Einstein
16. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” — Thomas Edison
As you read through these quotes for teens and growing up, think about the life you are creating for yourself during these years.
The things you accomplish will help propel you towards a great tomorrow.
Be observant and learn from your mistakes while allowing yourself to be who you are.
Our effort and attitude set us apart from others, and you have a chance to build up great habits and values during your teenage years.
Don’t give up on your dreams for your future. Others may doubt you—use that doubt to fuel the flame of determination inside of you. In a phase of life where you most desperately want to fit in, decide to stand out.
Be great. Be unique. Be you.
Whether you’re a teenager right now or have already experienced your teenage years, it’s nice to be able to reflect on smart, insightful or funny teen quotes about life.
We hope you were inspired by the above inspirational quotes for teens, which are part of our inspiring family quotes series.
What are the best quotes for teens you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!