Empowering, motivational and inspirational quotes for work that will get you through those tough days!
Work: whether you are at your day job, studying as a student, or are hustling in the off hours on your passion project, we could all use a little push every now and then to keep going and do our best.
There are many ways to find the motivation to keep on keeping on, but few things are more accessible and effective in that department than inspirational quotes for work.
Read on for wise words on perseverance work quotes on what it means to work hard, and inspirational thoughts regarding dreams and how to reach them.
Inspirational quotes for work help show the rewards
1. “Perseverance is the hard work you do after you get tired of doing the hard work you already did.” — Newt Gingrich
2. “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” –—Thomas A. Edison
3. “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” — Gordon B. Hinckley
As some of the best quotes for work point out, hard work can bring great rewards.
Whether your goal is to advance your career, graduate at the top of your class, or earn enough money to take your family on vacation, that promised reward is what keeps us working when we’d rather be doing something else.
But sometimes the best reward hard work can bring is the pride that comes with accomplishment.
You have probably experienced that pride after you finished a big work assignment or were complimented by your boss for doing a great job.
As inspirational quotes for work can remind us, we work for more than just material gains.
Work quotes about working smarter, not harder
4. “If I had nine hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend the first six sharpening my axe.” — Abraham Lincoln
5. “How you think when you lose determines how long it will be until you win.” — Gilbert K. Chesterton
A strong work ethic is important—but it isn’t the only key to being successful in your work.
As these positive quotes for work remind us, strategy and common sense are just as valuable when trying to complete a hard task.
Organization, communication and delegation are all useful tools to have in your workplace.
Are you a leader in your job?
If so, you might want to find some motivational quotes for employees that you can use to impart wisdom to your staff.
Everyone needs a little encouragement and insight sometimes, and chances are they will appreciate having a boss who recognizes that.
Quotes about work and doing the best job you can
6. “If a man is called to be a Street Sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, ‘Here lived a great Street Sweeper who did his job well.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
7. “I would rather risk wearing out than rusting out.” — Theodore Roosevelt
8. “If you can’t stop thinking about it, don’t stop working on it.” — Michael Jordan
There are plenty of serious and funny work quotes out there, and many of them say essentially the same thing: do your best, no matter what.
You might not have your dream job right now, but if you give your all in your current job, it just might lead to bigger and better things.
If you are in a job that you do not particularly enjoy, then having some quotes about work and life on hand can be especially important.
These quotes can remind you that working hard is still worth it, both for your own personal pride and for the doors your current job might open for you.
Achieving your dreams means working towards them
9. “Dreams don’t work unless you do.” — John C. Maxwell
10. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” — Colin Powell
11. “The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” — Walter Bagehot
What is your dream in life?
If you are just starting out in your career, chances are there is a wide gap between where you are and where you want to be.
As inspirational quotes for the workplace point out, the only path from your current station to achieving your dream job is hard work, persistence and determination.
That said, it is easy to sometimes become bogged down in the day-to-day struggle of working in an entry-level job.
That is where motivational quotes for work success come in.
If you write down a few quotes that speak to you and put them at your work station, you can read them when you need a little extra motivation.
Inspire others with your work ethic
12. “Outstanding leaders go out of their way to boost the self-esteem of their personnel. If people believe in themselves, it’s amazing what they can accomplish.” — Sam Walton
13. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” — John Quincy Adams
14. “Would I rather be feared or loved? Easy. Both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me.” — Michael Scott, The Office
There is another perk that comes with having a strong work ethic: not only do you accomplish your own goals, you can serve as a role model for those around you.
As many quotes about work ethic show us, sometimes the best reward is to know that you helped someone else achieve their dreams.
Do you work as part of a team at your job?
If so, you might want to research inspiration quotes for work team.
When a member of your group grows discouraged, you can help them find new determination by sharing your favorite quotes about work with them.
Don’t make excuses; get to work!
15. “Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo Da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.” — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
16. “The difference between greed and ambition is a greedy person desires things he isn’t prepared to work for.” — Habeeb Akande
17. “The sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on.” — Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop
Do you find yourself dreading the work or school week on Sunday nights?
This happens to nearly everyone to some extent, but you do not have to wallow in that feeling!
Instead, find some funny motivational and inspirational work quotes, and remind yourself that you have the power to make this a great week.
In fact, it might be a good idea to keep a collection of Monday motivation quotes for work somewhere you will see it each Monday.
That way, you can start your work on a good note—and keep in mind that the only thing standing between yourself and your goals is you!
We hope you were inspired by the above quotes for work, which are part of our inspiring quotes about life series.
What are the best work quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!