Startup quotes not only inspire, but help provide insight into what’s needed to succeed.
So, you want to run a startup.
You want to be your own boss, make your own hours and forge your own success.
You want to join the elite club of diligent entrepreneurs before you who have succeeded in leaving their mark on the business world.
1. “Whether you think you can, or think you can’t—you’re right.” — Henry Ford
You’re going to need a whole lot of energy, patience and resolve to do it.
And, having a few inspirational startup quotes behind you can’t hurt!
Startup quotes help with the challenges you will face
Starting a business isn’t easy and will come with new challenges each and every day.
In order to come out on the other side of each challenge and become a successful startup owner, you’re going to need thick skin, a strong resolve and the continued ability to push through each challenge!
Do the best job you can
2. “Make every detail perfect and limit the number of details to perfect.” — Jack Dorsey
3. “Don’t try to be original, just try to be good.” — Paul Rand
4. “Be undeniably good. No marketing effort or social media buzzword can be a substitute for that.” — Anthony Volodkin
Regardless of what type of business you’re opening up or what service you’re delivering, you need to make sure do the best you can do.
Inspiring startup quotes are the ones that remind us our reputation is intrinsically tied to the job we do.
When you put forth your best efforts, you’ll align yourself with a reputation for excellence.
Pretty soon, that’s what people will come to know you by first!
It’s a great way to not only drum up business in your startup stage, but to keep business over the long-term as you grow.
Startup quotes help show how opportunities count
There are a lot of lean startup quotes and advice out there about making every single opportunity count.
Even more important than running a lean startup or capitalizing every chance you get is doing a good job, the right way, the first time.
When you do the best job you can, there won’t be any reservations about what you could’ve done better or where you might’ve gone wrong.
Even if you fail, you’ll have the knowledge that you did your best.
That’s a badge of honor worth wearing.
5. “Do anything, but let it produce joy.” — Walt Whitman
6. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.” — Steve Jobs
7. “Chase the vision, not the money, the money will end up following you.” — Tony Hsieh
Don’t do something because you think it’ll make you rich.
If it doesn’t, you’ll come to hate it.
The best quotes for new business openings are the ones that remind us to do what we are passionate about to the point that you live it.
When you do what you love or are passionate about, you’ll be more invested in it through the good and the bad, and you’ll have a reason to get up every morning.
Not just about the money
It should never be just about the money, but instead about providing value, the journey and the experience.
You won’t have to convince yourself it’s all worth it or give yourself a pep talk that you made the right choice.
Because when you are providing value and love what you do, even the worst day will still be a pretty good day by comparison!
As you’re embracing what it means to start a business, make sure you’re pursuing a labor of love and something you want to be doing.
If you are, your journey will be all that much more enriching and successful.
Always ask, “what’s next?”
8. “The most dangerous poison is the feeling of achievement. The antidote is to every evening think what can be done better tomorrow.” — Ingvar Kamprad
9. “Diligence is the mother of good luck.” — Benjamin Franklin
10. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.” — Scott Belsky
If you’re not looking ahead in the world of business, it’s easy to be blindsided by something you didn’t see coming.
Keep your eyes focused ahead and always ask yourself “what’s next?”.
Short startup quotes like these will remind you to set goals, keep striving and keep paying attention.
Asking yourself “what comes next?” means avoiding complacency and stagnancy: Two things that can kill any startup and leave even a successful business to fail.
Forward is the direction
Ask yourself what’s next every day.
Tape motivational quotes to your mirror or leave them stuck to your laptop, whatever it takes to remind yourself that forward is the only direction.
Set goals you can achieve today, tomorrow, a week from now and years down the road, so you never run out of steps forward to take.
When you look back all those years later, you’ll be amazed at how far you’ve come just by taking the next step.
Believe in yourself
11. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” — Mary Kay Ash
12. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.” — Arianna Huffington
13. “Your reputation is more important than your paycheck, and your integrity is worth more than your career.” — Ryan Freitas
All business startup quotes will encourage you to get out there and pursue your dream, but not enough encourage you to believe in yourself.
You can put in all of the hard work and make all of the right decisions, but if you don’t believe in your own success and self, you’re going to have a hard time finding it.
In those moments when you’re feeling doubt or facing struggle, take a moment to believe in yourself and you’ll find the strength you need to overcome and succeed.
A motivational mindset
A motivational mindset isn’t always easy to come by, which is why reading inspirational quotes is such a good idea for any entrepreneur.
You may have doubt in your mind and trepidation in your heart, but if you constantly reassure yourself that what you’re doing is destined for success, you’ll reinforce your own belief in yourself and your startup.
Embrace failure as a step towards success
14. “Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston
15. “Fail often so you can succeed sooner.” — Tom Kelley
16. “If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.” — Reid Hoffman
The best startup quotes are the ones that remind us of failure.
Failure is around every corner and it’s something you’ll become intimately familiar with as you seek to start your own business.
Failure is just part of progress.
You will never do everything right the first or even the hundredth time.
As you fail, you learn to do better the next go-around.
When you stop looking at failure as final and start looking at it as a lesson, you’ll equip yourself with the armor you need to carry on towards success.
The parallels between success and failure
Some of the best funny startup quotes are the ones that draw the parallels between success and failure, and show just how much failure goes into success.
Being successful almost means getting on a first-name basis with failure, because you will encounter it often.
All business owners do.
When you learn to accept it and embrace it, failure will not keep you down.
You will learn to use it, leverage it and attribute your success to it.
Take immediate action
17. “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” — Biz Stone
18. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.” — Howard Schultz
19. “The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.” — Reid Hoffman
If there’s one common sentiment or theme among startup quotes it’s this: Act now.
If you have a good idea or a passion in your gut, don’t wait to turn it into something real and tangible.
Someone else might take your great idea tomorrow and find their own success with it.
What’s possible today may not be tomorrow.
If you wait to act, you risk your dream
Act now and you’ll give yourself the best opportunity to turn something in your mind into a success everyone can see!
The mindset of an entrepreneur works differently than the average person.
How? Take a look at just one example of what indelible optimism does for a person with the perseverance to succeed:
20. “Turn a perceived risk into an asset. — Aaron Patzer
Find the strength to stay true to your startup vision!
We hope you were inspired by the above startup quotes, which are part of our entrepreneurial quotes series.
What are the best startup quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!