Today, we can look to Thich Nhat Hanh quotes for inspiration and peace.
Thich Nhat Hanh is an inspirational Buddhist monk known for his wise sayings and sage advice.
Thich Nhat Hanh, throughout several trying periods in his life, advanced the philosophies necessary to live a truly engaged and peaceful life.
Even through exile from his home nation of Vietnam and his eventual repatriation, Thich Nhat Hanh has been an active member of the global movement for peace and understanding.
He practices a vegan lifestyle, and encourages us all to think about the way that our actions impact the living beings that surround us.
By looking at his words of wisdom, we can help to build a better world for everyone in it.
1. “Everything we touch in our daily lThich Nhat Hanh ives, including our body, is a miracle. By putting the kingdom of god in the right place, it shows us it is possible to live happily right here, right now.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
The best Thich Nhat Hanh quotes
The best Thich Nhat Hanh quotes teach us the importance of living in the moment and exercising care and compassion in everything that we do.
Learning how to live a compassionate, active life can help us improve our relationships with the world around us and those that we love the most.
2. “Enlightenment is always there. Small enlightenment will bring great enlightenment. If you breathe in and are aware that you are alive – that you can touch the miracle of being alive – then that is a kind of enlightenment.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Tiny, everyday miracles are always present, and inspirational Thich Nhat Hanh quotes help us appreciate the value of the everyday delights that make our lives so meaningful.
We can look to his words of wisdom for inspiration on ways to appreciate the little things.
3. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Thich Nhat Hanh quotes about joy
Thich Nhat Hanh quotes about joy show us that there are few things more significant than living a life filled with happiness and contentedness. Through his sage advice, we can learn to practice a joyful lifestyle at all times.
4. “There is no way to happiness—happiness is the way.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
It’s inspirational to learn Thich Nhat Hanh’s key to happiness—which is simply to be happy!
We can all take a page out of his book when we’re feeling down.
5. “We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realize.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
If you feel like you’re at a dead-end with your life, consider Thich Nhat Hanh quotes that demonstrate that things are never quite as dire as we may think.
We can always look at outstanding possibilities and make them work for us.
6. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Quotes on suffering
Thich Nhat Hanh quotes on suffering demonstrate that even though something may seem difficult in the moment, it’s always worthwhile to power on through.
Regardless of the circumstances in your life, you can demonstrate strength and determination by making the most of even the most dire situations.
7. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Self-acceptance is another core tenet of Thich Nhat Hanh’s philosophy.
It’s always inspirational to hear that we have the power to change the way that people perceive us and live out our best possible lives.
8. “Nothing is more precious than being in the present moment. Fully alive, fully aware.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Thich Nhat Hanh quotes show us that living in the moment is an essential part of staying happy.
Without a dedication to the here and now, we can’t ever attain true life satisfaction.
Moving forward in the world requires us to dedicate ourselves to whatever is happening in the moment.
9. “Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
A great spiritual leader
As a great spiritual leader, Thich Nhat Hanh has a lot to say about the importance of meditation and prayer.
Thich Nhat Hanh living Buddha living Christ quotes remind us that regardless of our religious backgrounds, it’s always important to slow down and appreciate the beauty of the world around us.
10. “We are here to awaken from our illusion of separateness.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
If you’re ever feeling lonely, just look to Thich Nhat Hanh quotes on love to cheer you up.
It’s great to remind ourselves, using words of wisdom from one of the greatest living sages, that we are never truly alone.
We have our loved ones and our community at our side, even when it feels like we’re on our own.
11. “The practice of peace and reconciliation is one of the most vital and artistic of human actions.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Throughout the entirety of his life, Thich Nhat Hanh has been active advocate for peace on earth.
Thich Nhat Hanh on peace
Thich Nhat Hanh quotes on peace can help us see the importance of maintaining active connections with those around us, even when we tend to disagree.
We can look to him for inspiration on the best ways to reconcile our differences and move forward in a productive, unified way.
12. “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
There are few things that are as beneficial to a human being as taking a deep breath and slowing down every now and again.
We can look to Thich Nhat Hanh for inspiration on the best ways to take things down a notch.
Reading his inspirational words may provide us with the calm and peace of mind necessary to live a more fulfilled, engaged life.
13. “People sacrifice the present for the future. But life is available only in the present. That is why we should walk in such a way that every step can bring us to the here and the now.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Living in the moment
Above all else, Thich Nhat Hanh quotes teach us that living in the moment is one of the most significant and powerful things that we can do to benefit our own lifestyle and enlightenment.
When we choose to live in the here and now, we can make a powerful impact on the world around us.
His wise words have rippled around the globe, causing people to look within themselves for personal enlightenment.
We hope you were inspired by the above Thich Nhat Hanh quotes, which are part of our inspiring spirituality quotes series.
What are the best Thich Nhat Hanh quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!
Learn more about Thich Nhat Hanh and Plum village.