1. “Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
Life is filled with struggles and strife. It can be easy to get down on yourself or your situation when things aren’t going well. Instead of letting the bad times overwhelm you, seek comfort and motivation in inspirational, uplifting quotes!
Wise men and women throughout the ages have encountered the same struggles you’re facing today. Be sure to listen to their advice as you take stock of your own situation. With a little perspective and some words of solace, it’s easier to see the upside and the silver lining.
Pick yourself up
2. “The first step is you have to say that you can.” — Will Smith
3. “Once you choose hope, anything’s possible.” — Christopher Reeve
4. “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.” — Buddha
5. “You are imperfect and wired for struggle, but you are worthy of love and belonging.” — Brene Brown
The first and hardest step in overcoming life’s hard times is to avoid falling into a slump. When bad thing after bad thing keeps happening to you, turn to inspirational, uplifting quotes to brighten your mood and give you the power to soldier on.
You might be in for more bad times, but it’s easier to face them if you believe in yourself. A good quote, said by the right person, can put a fire in your belly and help you climb your way out of whatever hole you’re in so you can trudge on towards the good times.
Discover opportunities to rise
6. “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” — Mario Fernandez
7. “In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity.” — Albert Einstein
8. “In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. That means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to make a positive impact.” — Les Brown
Life may be filled with struggles, but it’s also filled with opportunities. There are plenty of inspirational, uplifting quotes for life that talk about the power of opportunity. Overcoming the bad always starts by realizing the opportunity for good. Instead of looking at the glass half empty, look at it as half-filled and ask yourself how you can make the most of a bad situation. Once you do that, your bad times will quickly be behind you.
Make a Change
9. “Your life does not get better by chance, it gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
10. “If you don’t like something change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think about it.” — Mary Engelbreit
11. “How wonderful it is that nobody need to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” — Anne Frank
12. “People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Rob Siltanen
We all know how scary change can be. That doesn’t make it any less important, though! Most people won’t make changes until they’re forced to, which means you could be missing out on opportunities for betterment.
Take some time to read uplifting quotes for men and women to get familiar with change. You’ll quickly find that embracing change leads to better results—especially if you’re currently embroiled in a life filled with stress and setbacks. A good inspirational quote can go a long way in sparking your own decision to change.
Believe in yourself
13. “It is only in our darkest hours that we may discover the true strength of the brilliant light within ourselves that can never, ever be dimmed.” — Doe Zantamata
14. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.” — Groucho Marx
15. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.” — Willie Nelson
When life gets you down, it can be hard to believe in yourself. Self-confidence and self-assurance are often crippled by a streak of bad luck or hardship. It’s important not to forget that you’re a strong, capable person who can turn the tide in your favor! All it takes is a little introspection. Jumpstart your self-worth by reading uplifting quotes for women and men to remind yourself that you have the power to control your own destiny.
Stand up to your struggles
16. “There is only one way to avoid criticism. Do nothing. Be nothing. Say nothing.” — Aristotle
17. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” — John Wooden
18. “A problem is a chance for you to do your best.” — Duke Ellington
19. “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” — Will Rogers
There comes a time when you just have to say “enough is enough” and start to fight back when life hands you trouble. Stand up to your struggles! If you need the strength to push back and overcome, don’t forget that there are tons of uplifting quotes for friends, family, coworkers and neighbors out there—all of whom can help you get through hard times.
Don’t fear failure
20. “Don’t worry about failures. Worry about the chances you miss when you don’t even try.” — Jack Canfield
21. “Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
22. “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” — L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Picking yourself up and fighting back against life’s hardships is only the first phase of getting your life on a better track. To keep your momentum going, you need to adopt the drive to be better and accept failure as a part of life.
Carry around uplifting quotes for work, exercise, diet or anything else that feels like a burden, and remind yourself to be the best you can be. The right message can dispel doubt, inspire action, and help you confidently create the kind of life you want to lead—one with more happy times than bad ones.
23. “For what it’s worth, it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start over.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
What are your favorite uplifting quotes about life? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!