These inspirational women quotes will inspire you!
No matter how much effort you put into your family, your education and your career, you may still feel lost or discouraged from time to time.
We all go through difficult experiences and begin to lose our motivation.
Reading some of the most meaningful quotes for women can help provide you with the inspiration you need to move forward and start pursuing your goals again.
Consider some of these inspirational quotes for women with cancer, women who are experiencing loss, and women who are struggling to find their identity.
Inspirational quotes for women show how the world is your oyster
1. “You are the one that possesses the keys to your being. You carry the passport to your own happiness.” — Diane von Furstenberg
2. “Make the most of yourself by fanning the tiny, inner sparks of possibility into flames of achievement.” — Golda Meir
3. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.” — Shonda Rhimes
Many women feel limited by societal expectations and boundaries that other people establish, but these things shouldn’t hold you back.
These confident woman quotes remind us that there is nothing that can prevent you from achieving your goals and reaching your dreams.
By breaking down barriers in the pursuit of your passions, you can pave the way for more women to follow in your footsteps and break through barriers of their own.
The best inspirational women’s quotes communicate the potential that every woman has to exceed expectations and forge her own path to happiness.
Women quotes help empower you, so no one can stop you
4. “The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” — Ayn Rand
5. “I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all.” — Coco Chanel
6. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
From a very young age, women are taught to care about the opinions of others.
There’s nothing wrong with being empathetic and caring about how you are perceived by the people you care about, but other people’s perceptions and opinions shouldn’t dictate the choices that you make.
Inspirational quotes about women from successful women throughout history communicate how important it is to ignore critics and stay true to yourself.
Life simply isn’t long enough to worry about what unsupportive people think of you!
Let no one silence you
7. “When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” — Malala Yousafzai
8. “It took me quite a long time to develop a voice, and now that I have it, I am not going to be silent.” — Madeleine Albright
9. “If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it.” — Erma Bombeck
One of the things so many prominent women have in common is a willingness to speak out about what’s important.
Finding your voice and advocating for yourself and others is incredibly empowering and gives you the opportunity to make a difference.
These quotes for women empowerment should encourage you to value your voice and speak up when you need to.
Don’t just dream: do
10. “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” — Amelia Earhart
11. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
12. “If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.” — Margaret Thatcher
Dreams and goals are important, and envisioning the future that you want can help you get there, but these quotes about being a woman encourage action.
If you really want something, go for it.
Don’t become so wrapped up in dreaming about the future that you forget to actually take the steps necessary to reach your goals.
Even these simple, short quotes for women have powerful messages that can help inspire you to take control of your life and make your next move.
Silence critics with success
13. “If I stop to kick every barking dog I am not going to get where I’m going.” — Jackie Joyner-Kersee
14. “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.” — Ruth Gordo
15. “I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” — Emma Stone
These success quotes about women focus on the importance of self-confidence, courage and focus.
When you worry about what your critics say, you take your mind off of your personal goals and ambitions.
You can’t waste your time trying to combat your critics when you start on the path towards pursuing your goals.
Instead of refuting your critics while you’re working towards the life that you want, take these funny quotes for women to heart and let your success do the talking.
Look for the strength inside yourself
16. “You are more powerful than you know; you are beautiful just as you are.” — Melissa Etheridge
17. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” — Alice Walker
18. “We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
No matter what kind of experiences and hardships you have gone through in your life, you are probably a lot stronger than you think you are.
After you make it through challenges and adversity, reflect on what you’ve experienced and take a moment to truly appreciate what you are capable of enduring.
These proud to be a woman quotes encourage women to acknowledge how powerful and strong they are.
When we realize our strength, we can confidently take on challenges that we never thought we were capable of.
Look fear in the face
19. “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
20. “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship.” — Louisa May Alcott
These fantastic inspirational quotes for Women’s Day show how important it is for women to confront their fears and courageously pursue their goals.
You will never be able to eliminate fear from your life entirely, but you can choose to push through that fear in order to do the right thing and experience success on your own terms.
Break a few rules!
21. “Cautious, careful people, always casting about to preserve their reputations can never affect a reform.” — Susan B. Anthony
22. “If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.” — Katharine Hepburn
23. “You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe.” — Leymah Gbowee
People become so preoccupied with living according to societal expectations and social rules that they miss out on enjoying life and living it to its fullest.
If you really want to live your best life, you might break some rules along the way—and that’s okay.
Take some advice from these women quotes and don’t be afraid to be bold in your life.
The most important advances throughout history have been brought about by people who looked beyond the rules to achieve great things.
You’re a strong, intelligent, beautiful woman—never forget it!
We hope you were inspired by the above quotes for women, which are part of our inspirational life quotes series.
What are the best inspirational quotes for women you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!