Barbara Corcoran quotes will inspire, motive and spark your motivation.
Barbara Corcoran has done it all.
She’s a successful businesswoman, investor, speaker, consultant, author and television personality, not to mention one of the world’s wealthiest women!
Her fame isn’t an accident, either—it’s the product of hard work, self-confidence and motivation.
This is evident in the many inspirational Barbara Corcoran quotes out there.
She has a lot of wisdom to share with others who are struggling to find success.
Corcoran’s diverse range of talents has driven her into the spotlight and today she’s a household name thanks to her presence on the successful television show Shark Tank.
Her acumen is clear and her confidence is plain as day—she’s the perfect role model for anyone who wants to make something of themselves, but who isn’t sure where to start.
Barbara Corcoran quotes
Take a look at just a few of the inspirational words of advice she’s shared with followers.
1. “Don’t you dare underestimate the power of your own instinct.” — Barbara Corcoran
Nothing is more inspirational than knowing you’re right deep down in your gut.
There’s a reason they call it a “gut feeling” or say things like “follow your gut.”
This is your body’s way of telling you that your mind is right!
Don’t ignore the feeling or push it down.
Instead, embrace the power of your instinct and let yourself be right.
When you do, you’ll start to realize that your way of thinking is the key to your success.
2. “When you’re building a business, you’re either all in, or you’re not.” — Barbara Corcoran
There’s no such thing as halfway there when you’re starting a business.
Inspirational Barbara Corcoran quotes like this one urge us to commit and make the most of things, not just dance around the idea of what they could be.
Making the decision to go all in on your ideas reaffirms them and puts you in a position to capitalize on them.
You’re much more likely to reach the success you seek when you’re fully invested in the path to get there.
3. “Stop putting it off! Procrastination breeds guilt, guilt breeds depression, and depression breeds failure.” — Barbara Corcoran
No truer motivational words have been spoken than these.
It’s easy to put things off and say you’re going to do them tomorrow, until you realize you’ve been putting something off for weeks, months or even years.
If you truly want to be successful, you need to do things today and make them count.
You’ll find that action results in a confident, positive feeling deep within you—one that will give you strength and fuel you towards success.
Barbara Corcoran success quotes
4. “My best successes came on the heels of failures.” — Barbara Corcoran
Barbara Corcoran success quotes teach us not to internalize failures.
Instead, start looking for the success that’s sure to follow.
If you focus too much on your failures, you might miss the opportunities and positives that come after them, which means missing your shot at success.
Take time to learn the lesson from failure, but don’t let it blind you from seeing success thereafter.
5. “The joy is in the getting there. The beginning years of starting your business, the camaraderie when you’re in the pit together, are the best years of your life. So rather than being so focused on when you get big and powerful, if you can just get the juice out of that… don’t miss it.” — Barbara Corcoran
So many successful individuals talk about their success, but it’s truly inspirational to hear the story of how they got there.
Knowing what you’re in for, what to expect and what to watch for as you’re growing your own ideas is part of what’ll help you make sure they mature into your very own success story.
6. “The biggest challenge in business is not the competition, it’s what goes on inside your own head.” — Barbara Corcoran
We tend to be our own worst enemies when it comes to success.
The little voice in your head may let doubt creep in or might make you second guess yourself, even when you know you’re right.
Inspirational Barbara Corcoran quotes like this one keep us cognizant of ourselves.
When you know your own tendencies, you can rise above and overcome them.
Barbara Corcoran on self-confidence
7. “I have a theory and I really believe it. I think your worst weakness can become your greatest single strength.” — Barbara Corcoran
Barbara Corcoran quotes like this one teach us self-confidence in a way like no other wise words can.
When you take your biggest weakness or failure and focus on maturing it into a strength, you’ll be invincible.
A person who can transform their weaknesses into strengths is someone who can’t be kept down by anything.
8. “All the best things that happened to me after I was rejected. I knew the power of getting past no.” — Barbara Corcoran
When you learn not to accept “no” for an answer, you’ll put yourself in a position to never be held back.
It’s an inspirational feeling to know that “no” is no longer a barrier.
You’ll find yourself thinking creatively and acting decisively to get past “no,” until one day, you reach the goals you set out to conquer.
9. “People imitate their leader. Lead by example.” — Barbara Corcoran
Part of living successfully is acting the part. Successful people always have others who look up to them—whether as a boss, a mentor or a source of opportunity.
Use motivational words like these to remind yourself of your position and power, and to act the part for all those paying close attention to you.
10. “Finding opportunity is a matter of believing it’s there.” — Barbara Corcoran
Barbara Corcoran quotes like this one illustrate the power of self-confidence.
If you’re confident an opportunity is out there and confident in your ability to capitalize on it, you will.
It’s as simple as that. Have faith, be confident and always take the opportunities given to you.
You’ll be amazed at how many of them there are!
Barbara Corcoran quotes on success
11. “The difference between successful people and others is how long they spend time feeling sorry for themselves.” — Barbara Corcoran
It’s easy to get down on yourself after a pitfall or failure.
Barbara Corcoran quotes on success remind us not to get down on ourselves, because it’s all part of the learning process.
If you spend time wallowing, that’s time you’re not spending getting ahead.
Quickly come to peace with your failure and move past it—there’s no time for self-pity on the road to success!
12. “You don’t need an MBA to launch a business. You need street smarts and grit.” — Barbara Corcoran
Too many people think they’re not qualified to start or run a business.
Inspirational Barbara Corcoran quotes like this one show us that’s not the truth.
There’s no substitute for street smarts and sheer grit! These two characteristics will put you in a position to learn on your feet, think fast and adapt—and that’s more than half the battle of surviving in business anyway.
13. “If you’re minding someone else’s business, no one is minding yours.” — Barbara Corcoran
Don’t bother yourself with what other people are or aren’t doing, or where they’re at with their own lives.
If you spend too much time worrying about other people, you’re not paying enough mind to yourself.
This, like many Barbara Corcoran quotes, encourages us to focus on what we’re doing and pay close attention to how we’re doing it.
Barbara on procrastination
14. “Procrastination is the enemy of success and the guilt of not doing something always steals your energy.” — Barbara Corcoran
Don’t let yourself get trapped in the “I’ll do it tomorrow” mentality.
When you put things off, you’re only delaying your own gratification and putting yourself further behind the goals you’ve set for yourself.
Adapt a motivational mindset and stop procrastinating!
Do everything you can today, then wake up tomorrow and keep going.
15. “You don’t have to get it right, you just have to get it going.” — Barbara Corcoran
This is one of the best Barbara Corcoran quotes, because it reminds us we don’t have to be perfect.
We just have to try. If you focus too much on perfection, you’ll never get out of your own head and you’ll always find yourself criticizing yourself.
Accept what you’ve worked hard for, even if it isn’t perfect and you’ll find that one day, it just might be.
Failure and opportunity
16. “Every single failure has an equally great upside if you are willing to stay in the game.” — Barbara Corcoran
Few things are as motivational as being able to look at failure and see opportunity.
Not everyone can. When you remind yourself that failure is a low point with an even higher upside, it becomes easier to move past defeat in search of success.
Even at the hands of your worst failure, there’s success to be had—it’s up to you to find it.
17. “Never be ashamed of who you are. People always recognize and appreciate authenticity.” — Barbara Corcoran
These inspirational words define Barbara Corcoran’s entire persona.
She is who she is, because she’s confident in who she’s allowed herself to become. Learn more about Barbara.
If you spend time hiding who you are or trying to become something you aren’t, that’s wasted energy that could be pushing you towards success. Be who you are and be unapologetic for it.
Barbara Corcoran is no stranger when it comes to turning a little into a lot! Her confident, motivated approach to pursuing success has led her to become one of the wealthiest women in the world!
We hope you were inspired by the above Barbara Corcoran quotes, which are part of our entrepreneur quotes series.
What are the best Barbara Corcoran quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!