Christianity has always been a religion of teaching. The bible is a book filled with lessons and wisdom, meant to teach us how to live a good, moral life. In fact, most Christian quotes are lessons in and of themselves!
There’s fundamental wisdom found within the beliefs of the Christian religion. If you’re looking for inspirational lessons that will uplift you and teach you to live your best life, you might consider looking at one of the world’s oldest religions.
1. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” ― Mother Teresa
The lessons of Christianity come in all forms. Some are plain as day—like the Ten Commandments; others are simpler and subtler, like the story of Jonah and the Whale.
Regardless of how they’re delivered or what the core message is, they’re important for us to recognize and internalize if we’re to live a moral, spiritual life.
Christian quotes to assist with projecting an attitude of kindness and integrity
2. “The measure of a Christian is not in the height of his grasp but in the depth of his love.” — Clarence Jordan
3. “You are the only Bible some unbelievers will ever read.” — John Macarthur
4. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” — Billy Graham
One of the simplest, most direct lessons of Christianity and the focus of many powerful Christian quotes is simple: Do unto others as you want done unto you. It’s sometimes called the Golden Rule, but in fact, it’s just a simple mantra that anyone can adopt.
If you want good things to happen to you, bring good things into the world. This teaching applies to everything and it’s been recycled and reused throughout history, inspiring people to act morally and compassionately.
“You get what you give” and other short Christian quotes emphasize the importance of taking on the world with the right attitude.
If you are unwavering in the goodness you project and upstanding in the kindness and integrity you embody, you’ll emulate the very best Christian teachings and live a wholesome, spiritual life.
Make prayer part of your life
5. “Not only does God command us to pray, He permits us to pray. Prayer is both a must and a may, an obligation and a gift.” — Ben Patterson
6. “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car.” — Laurence J. Peter
7. “The issue of faith is not so much whether we believe in God, but whether we believe the God we believe in.” — R.C. Sproul
Prayer is central to many of the bible’s lessons and a crucial part of practicing the Christian faith.
Many Christian quotes about life emphasize the power of prayer and encourage individuals to practice it, regardless of form or frequency.
Some people bow their heads before every meal they eat; others pray in church every Sunday; some people pray only in times of great struggle.
However you pray, what matters is making it part of your life.
Christian quotes about faith focus on prayer because it opens a spiritual connection with God and helps you to focus on the things in your life you struggle with.
When you seek guidance and address your obstacles, you’re living a life that’s unencumbered by the same things weighing everyone else down.
In this way, prayer helps us face life with new optimism and live in service of others, as we put our own burdens in the hands of God.
Trust in God’s plan
8. “But God doesn’t call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn’t come through.” ― Francis Chan
9. “When God gets us alone through suffering, heartbreak, temptation, disappointment, sickness, or by thwarted friendship – when He gets us absolutely alone, and we are totally speechless, unable to ask even one question, then He begins to teach us.” ― Oswald Chambers
10. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” — Tony Evans
Of the many inspirational Christian quotes out there, the most important emphasize “God’s plan.”
This ambiguous plan is something we can all relate to—the idea that our fate and destiny are controlled by something higher than ourselves. And, when we realize this, we become attuned to the idea of living our best lives.
We might not understand God’s plan—specifically when bad things happen to us or disparities befall us—but when we stop trying to understand, we can focus on the positives instead.
You may not always be able to see the road ahead, but if you have faith that you’ll get to where you’re going, you’ll be able to enjoy the drive.
Some of the best Christian quotes are all about surrendering your doubts and fears up to God, so you can be free of the burden they cause.
When you trust in God’s plan and live true to this trust, you’ll find that your life is filled with positives, opportunities and enjoyment.
Recognize sin and repent it
11. “When we think too lightly of sin, we think too lightly of the Savior.” ― Charles Spurgeon
12. “We are more wicked than we ever feared, yet more loved than we ever dream.” — Mark Driscoll
13. “Our worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.” — Jerry Bridges
Sin is also central to Christian teachings—specifically how to recognize, avoid and repent of it. For as many Christian quotes about love as there are, there are also many that force us to look at the bad things in life and how to keep them from infecting the goodness we seek to live by.
When we do bad things or feel negative emotions, Christian teachings encourage us to not just sweep them under the rug, but to recognize them and repent, so we can stop them from becoming recurrent.
It’s why church, confession and prayer are so central to the Christian faith. When you confront something, you can dispel it.
How do you recognize and repent for sin? Some people pray before they go to bed each night. Others reflect on good morning Christian quotes every morning. Some people unburden themselves every Sunday in the confessional booth.
However you bear your sins, make sure you’re atoning for them and learning every lesson for how to overcome and avoid them in the future. No person can be perfect, but the Christian faith teaches us to never stop striving to be.
Live a Christian life
14. “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it.” — C. S. Lewis
15. “If you are a Christian, you are not a citizen of this world trying to get to heaven; you are a citizen of heaven making your way through this world.” — Dr. Vance Havner
16. “The Christian life is not slightly better, but completely different.” — Clarence Sexton
Living a Christian life means so many things and thankfully, there’s a roadmap to understanding all of the lessons present within this faith: The Bible.
Reading passages and psalms about moral living—coupled with Christian quotes about family and altruism—will help you understand what you need to do to live a life that’s moral and true.
When you live your life with faith and spirit, you’ll find it’s a life worth living to the fullest each and every day—now and into the afterlife.
Take a look at just one more inspirational piece of wisdom that encourages every Christian to embrace their values as they live their lives:
17. “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.” ― C.S. Lewis
We hope you were inspired by the above Christian quotes, which are part of our inspirational spiritual quotes series.
What are the best Christian quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!