Family love quotes remind us about the important role that family members play in our lives, and help us remember that our family is always there for us, through thick and thin.
Your family may drive you crazy at times, but at the end of the day, your family members are your first friends. You can always count on your relatives to have your back and watch out for you when you need it the most.
Families love you unconditionally, no matter the disagreements and arguments you’ve had in the past. It’s truly inspirational to know that you have a loving group of people, ready to care for you at all times.
1. “The most important thing in the world is family and love.” — John Wooden
2. “Having somewhere to go is home. Having someone to love is family. Having both is a blessing.” — Anonymous
Family love at home
There’s nothing more important than developing a sense of home. If you don’t feel like you belong, you’ll spend your entire life looking for a welcoming community where you feel like yourself.
Connecting with your family will help you realize the support of your loved ones when you need it the most. We never know how much time we will have to spend with our family. We are certain to regret the things we did not do more than the things we did do.
Take time to show your family love and you will receive that love back in spades. Share experiences and make memories so you can look back on your life with happiness and fulfillment.
3. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” — Lisa Weedn
4. “When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses.” — Joyce Brothers
The importance of a family unit
Being a part of a family provides us with a bigger purpose and allows us to see beyond ourselves. When we can look out and see the roles that other people play in our lives, we’re actually improving our own sense of self-worth.
Developing our familial relationships allows us to identify our own strengths and weaknesses more clearly. Learning to love your family helps you learn how to better love yourself.
5. “That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.” — Deb Caletti
6. “My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them.” — Ronaldinho
Even when you’re feeling like you’re at your lowest, your family members will still be there for you. ‘Family love’ quotes and sayings help us remember that our loved ones will consistently have our backs.
Count on your family
There are many people we meet who will come and go in our lives. We may move, change jobs, or transition to a new phase of life. Friends may come and go throughout these changes, but we can be certain to count on our family to be with us no matter what we are facing in life.
7. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” — George Moore
8. “I love spending time with my friends and family. The simplest things in life give me the most pleasure: cooking a good meal, enjoying my friends.” — Cindy Morgan
There’s nothing more powerful or potent than the love of a relative. Family love quotes help us remember the things that are truly important in life—our relationships with our mothers, fathers, sisters and brothers—or the ones with our partner and children.
9. “The bond that keeps the family together is not made of blood but out of love and respect.” — Anonymous
10. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” — Lee Iacocca
In life we will have days of anxiety and we may carry many burdens, but when we spend time at home—whether your childhood home or the home you’ve made for yourself—we can let our cares melt away. We feel a sense of calm and comfort surrounded by the ones we get to spend our lives with.
I love my family quotes
These ‘I love my family’ quotes prove to be a wonderful way to remember how important family is for our wellbeing.
11. “Love begins at home, and it is not how much we do…but how much love we put into that action.” — Mother Teresa
12. “I sustain myself with the love of family.” — Maya Angelou
Some of the best quotes on family love help us realize its true importance. Without family love, it’s nearly impossible to connect with people on personal and professional levels. If you’re struggling, reach out to your relatives first!
It’s also important to regularly ask your family about ways that you can love and support them. Consistently try to connect with your loved ones and make a genuine effort to directly or indirectly support their daily needs and help them.
13. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” — Eva Burrows
14. “My advice: Take a second out of the day today and be thankful for your family.” — Jenna Morasca
Almost all of the world’s wisest agree—love is the key element to a healthy family. Quotes on family love teach us all about the importance of loving our relatives unconditionally.
Sometimes it’s challenging to love your family
The truth is, sometimes it’s challenging to love your family. It may require you to look past their faults and set aside some aspects of your own ego. Learning how to get past your pride, however, will allow you to improve your relationships throughout your life.
15. “The love of a family is life’s greatest blessing.” — Anonymous
16. “The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family.” — Thomas Jefferson
Throughout the entirety of your life, your family will likely be the greatest gift you ever receive. Short quotes on family love can provide us with small, daily reminders that our family is a blessing.
Family and a sense of happiness
There are many things in life that provide us with a sense of happiness, but the greatest joy we feel is the joy that we share with family. As we look back at life’s memories we are certain to remember the ones with family as some of the happiest, most uplifting ones we have.
17. “There’s no vocabulary for love within a family, love that’s lived in but not looked at, love within the light of which all else is seen, the love within which all other love finds speech. This love is silent.” — T. S. Eliot
It’s often hard to find words to describe the way you feel about your loved ones. That’s why it’s special to be aware of the small, silent moments where you can wordlessly communicate the way that you feel about your loved ones.
Strong family relationships stand the test of time. The people we invest in will be there to guide and support us throughout our lives. The strength of these relationships is able to withstand even the greatest of life’s battles. Our family brings us hope and peace when we feel lost and afraid.
18. “The world, we’d discovered, doesn’t love you like your family loves you.” Louis Zamperini
19. “I would prefer to have no money but to have a nice family and good friends around.” — Li Na
Family love through the years
Nobody will ever love you in the same way that your relatives do. That’s why we can look to inspirational family love quotes to help us remember the very important role our family members play in each of our lives. Reading through some wise sayings can help us put our familial relationships into perspective and appreciate their true value.
20. “Your family and your love must be cultivated like a garden. Time, effort, and imagination must be summoned constantly to keep any relationship flourishing and growing.”— Jim Rohn
Like any relationship, the bonds you share with your family members and loved ones need to be developed and cared for over time. There’s nothing more important than regularly communicating your feelings and needs to your family members. You can’t expect them to support you if they don’t understand the issues that are giving you grief.
21. “The love of family and the admiration of friends is much more important than wealth and privilege.” — Charles Kuralt
22. “Love your family. Spend time, be kind & serve one another. Make no room for regrets. Tomorrow is not promised & today is short.” — Anonymous
The richness of a healthy family bond and love
You can accumulate wealth, possessions, and prestige—but none of it will ever compare to the richness of a healthy family bond. ‘My family love’ quotes help us remember what’s truly important in life—the love of our family members.
If you’re struggling to get through a challenging day, just think back on all of the blessings you have in the form of your family members.
The love we have for the members of our family is like nothing else we will experience in life. These inspirational people share so much of their hearts with us, and these ‘I love my family’ quotes provide us with a chance to reflect on how lucky we are to have them in our own lives.
We hope you were inspired by the above family love quotes, which are part of our quotes about family series.
From heartfelt sentiments to funny family love quotes, there are so many ways to express your gratitude for the ones you love.
What are the best family love quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!