Turn to these top fate quotes for inspiration or for comfort when you are feeling down or a little lost.
Turning to the wisdom of some of the world’s greatest thinkers can serve as a great source of comfort and motivation throughout your work.
Fate quotes can be inspirational, and prompt you to have a fresh, new perspective on the twists and turns in your own life.
Whether or not you believe in fate in the classic sense, getting a new prism through which to view your life is often helpful.
1. “We create our fate every day we live.” — Henry Miller
Fate quotes as we move through life
The idea that we create our own fate, rather than just have things happen to us, is inspirational for many people.
Do you think that our fate is determined by our own choices, or that our course in life is predetermined by some higher power?
2. “As we move through life, the force of fate creates events that we only appreciate when we reflect on our existence.” — Ronald Harmon
Have you ever felt one way about an experience as you were living it, and then had a completely different view of it once some time has passed?
Fate quotes remind us that in the long run, the different choices we make can lead us to conclusions we may have never imagined.
3. “When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate.” — Carl Jung
Some fate quotes are direct and simple, while others require us to reflect and meditate on the idea.
Do you agree with the quote above? How do you choose to interpret it?
How we look at things can determine how we process and feel about them, which impacts how we understand our fate.
4. “Fate is for those too weak to determine their own destiny.” — Kamran Hamid
Fate is an interesting and alluring concept
As some inspirational fate quotes remind us, it is ultimately up to each person to forge their own path in life.
Don’t let your life get out of your own control! When you have control over your actions, you might find that fate slowly becomes something else: Destiny.
5. “Men are not prisoners of fate, but only prisoners of their own minds.” — Franklin D. Roosevelt
Sometimes, it can feel like nothing we do matters and we just can’t make progress on a certain aspect of our lives.
But what if we are actually standing in our own way?
Let fate quotes be inspirational in helping you shift your own personal paradigm.
Sometimes, all it takes to find progress is getting out of your own way!
6. “Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter. Who would think that those branches would turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Fate quotes remind us
You simply cannot judge an event, experience or situation without the benefit of hindsight, as fate quotes remind us.
Something that feels like and ending can actually be a brilliant beginning, and what you think is the best choice possible could be one you end up regretting.
Such is the mystery of fate!
7. “Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” — Marcus Aurelius
Of course, certain aspects of our life are determined by where and when we are born, and the people we find ourselves surrounded by.
Fate love quotes remind us to accept and embrace what we have, while still working to improve things when we can.
8. “How a person masters his fate is more important than what his fate is.” — Karl Wilhelm von Humboldt
Success in life isn’t just determined by how many things we have or what we have managed to achieve.
It is also based on how we treated people in the course of our successes, and our failures. Fate quotes remind us of this important truth.
9. “I do not believe in a fate that will fall on us no matter what we do. I do believe in a fate that will fall on us if we do nothing.” — Ronald Reagan
Do you find it inspirational to read quotes from famous historical figures?
This quote reminds us that no matter how intimidating the situation may be, the worst possible action is inaction.
Who better to teach us this than individuals whose lives were marked by decisive action and clear intent?
10. “Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him.” — Groucho Marx
Funny quotes on fate
There are plenty of great thoughtful, serious quotes out there but sometimes you just need a laugh!
Funny fate quotes can give a lighthearted view of our life and relationships.
When we learn to laugh in the face of fate, we begin to fear what it has in-store for us less.
11. “We seal our fate with the choices we make.” — Gloria Estefan
The best fate quotes serve as reminders that our fate is in our own hands.
With each decision we make, we are building a unique road to our own fates.
Many people find this fact empowering, as it reminds them that regardless of the situation, they have the ability to change and shape aspects of it to fit within their end goal.
12. “Fate laughs at probabilities.” — Edward George Earle Bulwer-Lytton
Fate and uncertainty
If there is one thing you should know about life, it is that nothing is certain but death and taxes.
Fate quotes can offer guidance when you need inspiration or perspective, but nothing you do will guarantee a certain outcome.
When you come to accept this, you begin to worry less about the unknown and focus more on what you can control in the present.
13. “Fate loves the fearless.” — James Russell Lowell
When was the last time you took a big risk? As fate quotes remind us, sometimes taking that leap can reap big rewards!
You might even end up changing your entire outcome in life with a single, decisive action. You won’t know until you try!
14. “There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox
No matter what might happen to you, it is ultimately your decision on how you respond to what life throws your way.
As fate quotes in Romeo and Juliet point out, our own fate lies within us.
Even beyond this classic story, it’s important to consider the ramifications of your actions and choose to act wisely.
We hope you were inspired by the above fate quotes, which are part of our inspiring quotes on spirituality series.
What are the best fate quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!