Many of us in our adult life have wished that we could go back to being a kid. The carefree, spontaneous and joyful way they live their lives is something to be cherished. Adults can learn so much about happiness by watching children live their lives. Enjoy reading these funny quotes for kids as you relive the memories from your own childhood, as well as sharing them with your children too.
1. “You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.” ― Madeleine L’Engle
Funny quotes for kids: remind us of the power of words
We can’t always force things to happen in life. Sometimes we need to embrace change and let the ebb and flow of life happen around us. Adults often try to control so many things instead of simply letting life happen as children do so well.
2. “Children have never been very good at listening to their elders, but they have never failed to imitate them.” — James Arthur Baldwin
Funny kid quotes about life, like these, remind us of the influential power our words and actions have on children. Kids love becoming more and more independent as they grow, and adults can help children learn and develop by modeling good values and behavior.
3. “Every book is a children’s book if he can read.” — Mitch Hedberg
Every child is filled with a great sense of determination and drive. They long to push the limits of what they are able to accomplish, and short funny quotes for kids prove that children will stop at nothing to see what they are capable of.
4. “The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.” — Jack Handy
We can all recall some of the funny things kids say
They are completely honest individuals who don’t always have a developed filter! They love expressing themselves as they learn to communicate with the world around them. You can always count on a child to bring a smile to your face.
5. “Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That’s why we call it ‘The Present’.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
Many of a child’s years are spent in school. They learn, play and grow at school. The relationships they build and the knowledge they acquire is extraordinary. Funny kid quotes about school offer us a chance to relive those meaningful days that shaped who we are today.
6. “What is a home without children? Quiet.” — Henny Youngman
Funny quotes for kids prove to be very entertaining. When we read quotes like these we are reminded of the exhausting yet joyful work of raising children. There are some of us wishing we had children and some wishing we had peace and quiet, but there is no doubt that kids are a true blessing.
7. “There’s nothing that can help you understand your beliefs more than trying to explain them to an inquisitive child.” — Frank A. Clark
As you read funny children quotes
Think about the eagerness children have to learn, grow and be more like grownups. Children love to play house and dress up to be just like the adults in their life. We can be reminded of the impact our daily actions have on the children around us as we read funny children quotes.
8. “Even when freshly washed and relieved of all obvious confections, children tend to be sticky.” — Fran Lebowitz
Learning about new foods can be an adventure. As children grow they experience their world through their five senses. Their adorable, yet somewhat uncoordinated, attempts to try new things are what funny kid quotes about food are all about.
9. “Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.” — Harold Hulbert
Sweet, cute child quotes often give us a chance to ponder the wonder of childhood. These small people are learning and changing so much, and they often undergo more than many adults could handle. As we read these sayings we can take the chance to show extra love to the children in our lives.
10. “Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.” — George Bernard Shaw
Childhood is a fun, exciting and magical time. We live our lives in the moment and are not bogged down by extra responsibilities and worry. Children are given a gift of life, and we could all learn something by trying to live more in the moment.
Kids push the limits and don’t always share
11. “There are only two things a child will share willingly, communicable diseases and his mother’s age.” — Benjamin Spock
Children sometimes struggle with sharing, unless germs are involved. Although it is unfortunate when our children get sick we can appreciate that they are able to spend time with other children, building relationships and creating memories.
12. “You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.” — Franklin P. Jones
Children love to push the limits as we can read about in the best funny kid quotes. They like to see what they can get away with. As parents we enjoy providing our children with a set of foundational values, while still being able to indulge with them once in a while; the key is to find the perfect balance between love and respect.
13. “Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
Curiosity of a child
The curiosity of a child is never quenched. Their thirst for knowledge is amazing, and they are often asking great questions. Many children will also create their own meanings from life. They will take pieces of what they know to build new knowledge which is one thing that makes them so special.
14. “Don’t handicap your children by making their lives easy.” ― Robert A. Heinlein
Children learn by watching and doing. As adults, we can work to show children how to overcome the hard situations in life. We may feel like we need to rescue children when they are faced with a challenge, but we are only making life harder for them in the future. What we can do is be coaches and cheerleaders for the kids in our life as we watch them become amazing people.
We hope you were inspired by the above funny quotes for kids, which are part of our family quotes series.
What are the best funny quotes for kids you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!