There’s so much to say about how truly special grandmothers are, but often, we’re left speechless when it comes to describing them—nothing quite encapsulates how important they are in our lives! Thankfully, there’s no shortage of grandma quotes to enrich our lives, just as our grandmothers do each day.
1. “Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you’re just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric.” — Pam Brown
The matriarch of the family, grandmothers can light up a room with their presence. They are full of life and love, especially for their family, and it’s easy to see the joy on a grandmother’s face each time she is able to see her children and grandchildren.
Grandma quotes and the wisdom they share
2. “Some of the world’s best educators are grandparents.” — Charles W. Shedd
3. “A mother becomes a true grandmother the day she stops noticing the terrible things her children do because she is so enchanted with the wonderful things her grandchildren do.” — Lois Wyse
4. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.” — Helen Ketchum
There are endless memories that can be made with your grandmother. Perhaps you enjoy baking, reading or doing puzzles with her? Maybe your grandmother takes you swimming or shopping? There are many things we enjoy doing with our grandmothers and grandma quotes help encourage us to cherish these times.
Love grandma quotes to inspire us
I love my grandma quotes inspire us to appreciate the time we have with our grandparents. These times are precious and the influence of these relationships is unmatched by any other. Our grandmothers have been on this earth far longer than we have and have many pieces of advice and stories to share with their families. There is so much we can learn by spending time with our grandmothers and we are lucky to be able to learn about life from them.
We may think they are out of touch with today’s reality or behind the times, but we may be surprised to see just how much we can learn from these wonderful women. Gran is a lot wiser than you think!
Grandma always has your back
5. “Having a grandmother is like having an army. This is a grandchild’s ultimate privilege: knowing that someone is on your side, always, whatever the details. Even when you are wrong. Especially then, in fact. A grandmother is both a sword and a shield.” — Fredrik Backman
6. “What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.” — Rudolph Giuliani
7. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” — Barbara Cage
Our grandmothers can be our buffer when we need someone in our corner. A grandmother is someone you can turn to when your mother is not yet ready to hear what you have to say, for example. They are unable to find fault in their grandchildren which makes them the best coaches and supporters. They encourage their grandchildren to do their best and be their best.
Who’s the only person who can trump a grandma when it comes to unconditional love? Great-grandmothers! These incredible women have seen their families grow over multiple generations, and have decades’ worth of wisdom and love to share. Great-grandmother quotes pay tribute to the strength and importance of these multi-generational relationships that grow with each passing year.
Grandma will never stop loving you!
8. “Grandmothers always have time to talk and make you feel special.” — Catherine Pulsifer
9. “If nothing is going well, call your grandmother.” — Italian Proverb
10. “If becoming a grandmother was only a matter of choice, I should advise every one of you straight away to become one. There is no fun for old people like it!” — Hannah Whithall Smith
Inspirational grandma quotes are the best grandma quotes! There is so much to learn from our grandmothers, and as we grow we become more aware of the unconditional love our grandmothers have for us. There is also great joy in being able to watch as your own mother grows to love your children with great depth and sincerity.
The relationships that are formed between a grandmother and her grandchildren are sweet and pure. A grandmother is always eager to enjoy time with her grandchildren and providing them with extra special treats from time to time. There is a role that a grandmother plays in the lives of her grandchildren that cannot be matched by any other family member.
No matter what we are going through or how we are feeling we can always count on our grandmothers to make us feel loved.
Treasure grandma for as long as you have her
11. “Every house needs a grandmother in it.” — Louisa May Alcott
12. “Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins.” — Joyce Allston
13. “My grandmother always used to say, “If you know your past and you know where you have to go, why do you rehearse?” I always remember this and it’s true. You have to start each day again – you can’t repeat what you did.” — Marian Seldes
14. “Death ends a life, not a relationship.” — Mitch Albom
As our relationship with our grandmother develops, we are able to cherish her more and more. Although our grandmothers won’t be in our lives forever we can take the time we have with them to make wonderful memories.
These missing grandma quotes can inspire us to take time as often as possible to talk to or spend time with our grandmothers. The time they invest into our lives deserves to be repaid as they grow older. They pour so much of their lives into their grandchildren, and they simply wish to be a part of their lives for as long as possible.
The job of a grandmother is to love and protect her grandchildren. The depth of joy a grandmother gleans from her grandchildren is immense, but well worth the effort. There is no sweeter relationship to be found.
We hope you were inspired by the above family bonding quotes, which are part of our quotes about family series.
What are the best grandma quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!