What is God’s grace and how do we welcome it into our lives each day? The answer can be found in grace quotes from the bible and inspirational passages about how God cares for us.
When we read the bible or go to church, we hear a lot about “God’s Grace.” We know it’s a good thing and we know we should always seek it, but what, exactly does it mean?
Simply put: God’s grace is salvation.
It’s what he offers to us when we open our hearts and embrace him.
God’s grace is something we should seek daily and strive to have always, because it’s his ultimate gift to us.
When we welcome God’s grace into our hearts, we welcome ourselves into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Grace quotes to seek God’s grace each and every day
1. “Grace is available for each of us every day – our spiritual daily bread – but we’ve got to remember to ask for it with a grateful heart and not worry about whether there will be enough for tomorrow.” — Sarah Ban Breathnach
2. “What gives me the most hope every day is God’s grace; knowing that his grace is going to give me the strength for whatever I face, knowing that nothing is a surprise to God.” — Rick Warren
3. “The meaning of life. The wasted years of life. The poor choices of life. God answers the mess of life with one word: ‘grace.’” — Max Lucado
God’s grace is given to us, but it’s also something we should seek out each and every day.
The best grace quotes remind us that just because we have something doesn’t mean we should take it for granted.
To remind ourselves of the importance of God’s grace and to cherish this most special of gifts, we should recognize it each and every day.
To do this, we should seek it out. This means more than just reading God’s grace quotes—it means finding examples of it in the world around you.
For example, you might find God’s grace in the soft rainfall outside, representing the cleansing power of faith. Or, you might discover God’s grace in the laughter of a baby—a reflection of innocence and purity.
God’s grace is even present in sad times, like when we surrender our loved ones to his kingdom as we say goodbye on earth.
When you realize these examples, you’ll be constantly reminded of God’s grace each and every day.
Grace comes to us at our lowest points
4. “Your worst days are never so bad that you are beyond the reach of God’s grace. And your best days are never so good that you are beyond the need of God’s grace.” — Jerry Bridges
5. “Grace, like water, flows to the lowest part.” — Philip Yancey
6. “Grace is free sovereign favor to the ill-deserving.” — Benjamin B. Warfield
Inspirational grace quotes like these remind us that even though it’s a wonderful gift, God’s grace may not always be something we want.
This is because it comes to us at our lowest points.
When we’ve been gravely injured and are now looking at a long road to recovery, we may be at our lowest, but we’ve survived by the grace of God.
When our loved ones pass away unexpectedly, they join him in his kingdom, but we’re left with a painful example of God’s grace here on earth.
It’s examples like these that illustrate the dynamics of grace.
Even though it may come to us at our lowest points, God’s grace is something we should always embrace.
Quotes about grace and mercy teach us this better than anything else.
If grace is salvation and it’s given to us at our lowest point, it means God is recognizing our struggles and offering to help us.
We may feel pain and suffering, but the road ahead moves us past the pain.
God’s grace is our guide and we need to truly accept it to reach higher ground.
Grace is pure and unadulterated
7. “Grace is not part of consciousness; it is the amount of light in our souls, not knowledge nor reason.” — Pope Francis
8. “Grace is but glory begun, and glory is but grace perfected.” — Jonathan Edwards
9. “Grace has been defined as the outward expression of the inward harmony of the soul.” — William Hazlitt
The power of God’s grace is unparalleled.
There are so many inspirational, powerful grace quotes in the bible that contextualize the force of God’s grace.
It can pick us up at our lowest; it can make unbelievers believe; it can empower a single person to do extraordinary things; and it can bring us closer to God and heaven itself.
There is no mistaking the feeling of God’s grace as it washes over you, it’s the feeling of salvation, of euphoria and of pure calmness.
When you’re filled with God’s grace, you’re filled with a sense of balance and peace that’s totally unmatched.
God’s grace can be hard to describe because every person may experience it differently.
That’s why there are so many grace quotes that talk about the experience.
To each person, it’s different; to each person, it’s perfect.
It’s not meant to be categorized or understood, God’s grace is pure and unadulterated; something wholly unique and amazing.
Intangible, yet powerful; Grace cannot be matched
10. “Grace can neither be bought, earned, or won by the creature. If it could be, it would cease to be grace.” — Arthur W. Pink
11. “God’s mercy and grace give me hope – for myself, and for our world.” — Billy Graham
12. “Grace is the love that gives, that loves the unlovely and the unlovable.” — Oswald C. Hoffmann
There are hardships and temptations you’ll experience throughout your life, things that might test your faith in God or your spirituality.
In these dire times, when you’re feeling low or uncertain, amazing grace quotes have the power to pick you up and reinvigorate your faith.
By simply reminding you of God’s love and his Grace, these powerful quotes can drag you out of a dark place and into the light, where you’ll be open and welcome to accept the salvation that’s promised for you.
Sometimes, the truly awesome power of God’s grace can inspire you in the most mysterious ways.
You might be encouraged to go into the world with renewed faith and do good or you might laugh as you read funny grace quotes and be inspired to bring happiness to others.
There’s no telling how God’s grace will affect you. It’s intangible and powerful, and it’s not always meant to be understood.
Sometimes, you just have to open yourself up to it and accept the feeling and purpose it gives you.
Live your life basking in the glory of grace
13. “Grace isn’t a little prayer you chant before receiving a meal. It’s a way to live. The law tells me how crooked I am. Grace comes along and straightens me out.” — Dwight Lyman Moody
14. “For grace is given not because we have done good works, but in order that we may be able to do them.” — Saint Augustine of Hippo
15. “You must pay for everything in this world one way and another. There is nothing free except the Grace of God. You cannot earn that or deserve it.” — Charles Portis
There’s a very simple reason the bible is filled with quotes about grace and beauty, because nothing matches the sublime feeling of opening your heart and welcoming God’s grace into your heart.
And, if you live your life basking in the glory of this grace, you’ll find that life has purpose and meaning and at the end of it, salvation awaits you.
Few things in the world rival the power of grace. You may not always understand it, but it’s always worth seeking out and striving to obtain.
Nothing quite sums it up like this simple quote:
16. “I do not at all understand the mystery of grace—only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.” — Anne Lamott
We hope you were inspired by the above quotes about God’s love, which are part of our quotes on spirituality series.
What are the best grace quotes about love you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!