Our grandfathers tell us amazing stories, make us laugh at their jokes and teach us all about life. Years of life and experience allow them to pass down words of wisdom to their family’s younger generations. Grandpa quotes present us with the ability to appreciate how wise, caring and supportive our grandfathers are for each of us.
Grandpa quotes to appreciate wise men
There are so many things young children have yet to experience, and it is the job of a grandfather to share many of these experiences and teach them about life along the way. As we read grandpa quotes, we learn the importance of a relationship between a grandfather and his grandchildren.
1. “My grandfather always said that living is like licking honey off a thorn.” ― Louis Adamic
2. “Grandfathers do have a special place in the lives of their children’s children. They can delight and play with them and even indulge them in ways that they did not indulge their own children. Grandfather knows that after the fun and games are over with his adorable grandchildren he can return to the quiet of his own home and peacefully reflect on this phenomenon of fatherhood.” — Alvin Poussaint
Time spent with grandparents may be limited which makes these encounters all the more special. Grandchildren can look forward to (and cherish) the days they are able to be with their family when they have strong relationships with their grandparents.
As we grow up we will always be able to remember what it was like spending time with our grandfathers. The events we attend, the meals we eat and the stories we hear will all be remembered with a great sense of appreciation and joy.
Grandpa quotes for the young at heart
3. “Becoming a father is usually a rational, participatory act. Becoming a grandfather is, at best, an irrational one: Without anyone asking your permission or advice, you suddenly find yourself cohabiting with a grandmother.” — Myron LaBan
4. “To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word boo.” — Robert Brault
Grandfathers are there to protect and nurture children, but they’re also excellent playmates! One moment, grandfathers may be sharing wisdom and encouragement, and the next they’re playing silly games or indulging in a prank.
As we read inspirational grandpa quotes we can reflect on the diverse roles our grandfathers play in our lives. Grandfathers are great at knowing what we need to hear and when we need to hear it, or when it’s time to drop everything and just enjoy life. Inspirational grandpa quotes give new meaning to the way these men love, care and help raise their grandchildren as well.
He’s an inspiration you can look up to
5. “More and more, when I single out the person out who inspired me most, I go back to my grandfather.” — James Earl Jones
6. “Grandfathers give us not only wisdom and encouragement, but there are an inspiration to us.” — Kate Summers
7. “Every generation revolts against its fathers and makes friends with its grandfathers.” — Lewis Mumford
Inspirational grandfather quotes from grandchildren give us words to read that encourage us to cherish the relationships we have with our grandfathers. No matter how far away your grandparents live they can still be an inspiration to you as you journey through life.
We are able to confide in our grandfathers when our parents won’t do. They will hear our stories and share in our joy or pain without judgment or shame. These kinds of relationships help us become wise and confident, just like our grandfathers. The inspiration instilled in us by grandpa can help us succeed unapologetically in everything we do.
Nothing compares to the love of a grandfather
8. “Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild.” ―Welsh Proverb
9. “One of the greatest privileges in life is that position awarded when one becomes eligible to be a grandfather. It is a second chance to encourage, guide, and protect without the daily encumbrances of going to work. It is an opportunity to help shape the attitude and behaviour of a small child.” — Byron R. Pulsifer
10. “One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather.” — Joy Hargrove
A good grandfather has a deep love for his family which has inspired many beautiful quotes like the ones above. The unique role a grandpa plays in the life of their grandchild is incredibly special, and is felt by both granddad and grandchild.
The way a grandfather looks into the eyes of a new baby shows a raw and deep love that cannot be matched, and the firm relationship built between a grandpa and his grown grandchild is irreplaceable. Grandpa quotes, like these, give even more meaning to the connection a grandfather feels for his grandchildren, no matter if they’re just born or grown adults.
Grandpa is proud of you
11. “No cowboy was ever faster on the draw than a grandparent pulling a baby picture out of a wallet.” — Author Unknown
12. “A baby has a way of making a man out of his father and a boy out of his grandfather.” — Angie Papadakis
Grandchildren bring out the best in grandpas, while helping them relive their own youth. The best grandpa quotes paint a picture of the pride and joy a grandfather has for each of his grandchildren.
Grandfathers are so blessed to be able to watch their children raise children of their own. They are able to witness life happening before their eyes with the knowledge of the wonderful years yet to come, and each of us is blessed to have these wonderful men in our lives.
Grandmother’s are very proud of you too! So let’s not forget Grandma quotes.
Even if Grandpa is gone, his love for you lives on
13. “For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.” — Khalil Gibran
There will come a time when our grandfathers will pass away and we will be left with the memories we were able to create with them. Remembering grandpa quotes or reading I miss you grandpa quotes provide us with words of encouragement when we are feeling lost and alone without our grandfathers by our side.
Be sure to cherish each moment you are able to spend with your grandfather because you never know how long they will be in your life. These great men serve a grand purpose in each of our lives, but that window doesn’t last forever.
We hope you were inspired by the above family bonding quotes, which are part of our inspirational family quotes series.
What are the best grandpa quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!