These favorite holiday quotes will inspire you!
The holidays can bring up a wide range of emotions, as they often serve as fond memories.
After all, the holidays are when you see friends and family, take a vacation from work, and take time to reflect on your year and what you are most thankful for.
The top inspirational holiday quotes
Here are the top inspirational holiday quotes that remind us of just how wonderful the holiday season really is.
And, for Christmas only quotes, check out our best quotes for Christmas!
1. “A friend is a gift you give yourself.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
The holiday season tends to get commercialized—just step into a mall during winter, and it’s easy to see.
There is nothing wrong with giving your loved ones thoughtful presents to show that you care about them.
But as many inspirational quotes remind us, the best gifts of them all cannot be bought in a store—they can only be given from the heart.
2. “Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.” — Dave Barry
Holiday quotes for a magical time of year
The holidays are a magical time, full of cheer and togetherness.
But, if you are the one cooking, cleaning and buying presents for the whole family, then it might also be a stressful time.
Some famous holiday quotes take a humorous look at this special time of year, and help you find the laughter in the midst of the stress.
3. “Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.” — Hamilton Wright Mabie
Holiday quotes remind us
As many holiday quotes sayings remind us, the holidays are unlike any other time of year.
It’s a time when strangers feel comfortable wishing each other well, when people travel across the country to see their relatives and old friends, and when people try to put aside their differences and enjoy being together.
4. “As we struggle with shopping lists and invitations, compounded by December’s bad weather, it is good to be reminded that there are people in our lives who are worth this aggravation, and people to whom we are worth the same.” — Donald E. Westlake
Are you guilty of missing the forest for the Christmas trees?
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in the logistics of the holidays—buying gifts, booking airline tickets, finding recipes—that we lose sight of the most important part of the season: our loved ones.
Amid all the holiday chaos, be sure to find time for the special people in your life this holiday season.
You might even want to share some of the best holiday quotes with them!
Share holiday quotes with special people in your life
5. “The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each other’s’ burdens, easing others’ loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of the holidays.” — W. C. Jones
Do you have a friend or family member who has been going through a difficult time this year?
The holidays can be hard for some people, but they can be made a lot better by a simple, thoughtful gesture.
As happy holiday quotes tend to point out, giving is a key part of the holiday season.
Who can you give to this year?
6. “Sharing the holiday with other people, and feeling that you’re giving of yourself, gets you past all the commercialism.” — Caroline Kennedy
There’s a reason people love to to give to charities and volunteer around the holidays.
Reflect on how lucky we are
This time of year gives us an opportunity to reflect and realize how lucky we are, and that makes us want to give back to others.
Both serious and funny holiday quotes remind us that giving back is much more important than making a gift wish list.
7. “Holidays – any holiday – are such a great opportunity to focus on bringing the family together.” — Lidia Bastianich
Are you close with your family?
Whether your relatives live around the block or across the country, the holidays give us an opportunity to bring families together, to strengthen close bonds and improve fractured ones.
The window we find in family holiday quotes could help give you the boost you need to do just that.
8. “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” — Winston Churchill
The holidays are the giving season
This means getting presents for everyone on your list—and perhaps reaching out to those less fortunate than yourself.
If you find it inspirational when you see others organizing a canned food drive or volunteering at a soup kitchen, remember that you have what it takes to do this as well.
9. “Kindness, tolerance, integrity, modesty, generosity – these are attributes that events permit us. They are our holiday moods, and we are as proud of them as of the fine clothes we have hung away to wear on occasions.” — Ben Hecht
The holidays bring out the best in us
Many holiday quotes remind us how the holidays are a special time because they tend to bring out the best in us: our generosity, our thoughtfulness, our kindness.
But there is no reason that these attributes cannot be extended throughout the entire year.
What would happen if you lived every day like it was part of the holiday season?
Chances are, you’d lead a pretty happy life!
10. “I don’t need a holiday or a feast to feel grateful for my children, the sun, the moon, the roof over my head, music, and laughter, but I like to take this time to take the path of thanks less traveled.” — Paula Poundstone
Was there a neighbor, coworker, or barista who made your year a little better through the occasional kind word or gesture?
The holiday season is the perfect time to show your appreciation
If so, the holidays are the perfect time to show your appreciation in the form of a nice card or thoughtful gift.
Let inspirational holiday messages guide you to be a more appreciative person.
11. “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” — Mother Teresa
Of course, a CEO of a major company will be able to donate more to charity than a person who bags groceries for a living.
The holidays are about thought and sacrifice
But it isn’t about how much you give—it’s about the thought and sacrifice behind it.
Let short holiday quotes inspire you to give more of yourself this holiday season.
Holidays are a special time of year that bring about a special feeling.
We hope you were inspired by the above holiday quotes, which are part of our inspirational quotes about life series.
What are the best holiday quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!