So many Wayne Dyer quotes show his ability to take major obstacles and reduce them down into manageable tasks that felt easier to surmount and overcome.
Wayne Dyer was a master of self-improvement and a motivational speaker who had the power of inspirational oration, as he could help anyone find their self-worth and capture the keys to their own success.
Wayne may have left this Earthly plane in 2015, but his wise words continue to live on today, inspiring another generation of people to embrace the struggles of life and overcome them, so they can discover the true power of the true self.
If you’re facing struggles in your life, see what solace you can find from Wayne Dyer’s inspirational words of wisdom.
Wayne Dyer quotes
1. “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” — Wayne Dyer
This famous Wayne Dyer quote reminds us that we cannot control the actions of others and often, people aren’t always at their nicest.
That’s their problem and something they’ll have to answer for.
All you can do is rise above and be kind, but that’s something you can control.
You’ll be the better person for being kind.
2. “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.” — Wayne Dyer
We’re all going to encounter conflict in our lives.
The key to squashing it and absolving ourselves of the frustration and pain of struggle is to leave the conflict behind us.
Pursue a resolution and broker a compromise—when you do, the struggle will fade away into the ether and won’t stick around to bother you anymore.
Wayne Dyer messages
3. “Your life is like a play with several acts. Some of the characters who enter have short roles to play, others, much larger. Some are villains and others are good guys. But all of them are necessary; otherwise, they wouldn’t be in the play. Embrace them all, and move on to the next act.” — Wayne Dyer
This inspirational passage paints the picture of a story: A story where every character in your life is important and meaningful.
You may not always agree with someone or you might detest their presence in your life, but they’re an important part of all that you are.
Don’t look for ways to remove people from your life or shape them into roles you want—just accept them and welcome the role they have to play.
4. “Self-worth comes from one thing—thinking that you are worthy.” — Wayne Dyer
The best Dr. Wayne Dyer quotes are the ones that encourage introspection and the quest for self-actualization.
When you look inside yourself and find something to love and appreciate, you’ll begin to look outward and find the same things.
You are what you allow yourself to be. Allow yourself to be loved and treasured.
5. “If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” — Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer quotes on change like this one are great for getting us to consider a new perspective when things just aren’t working.
If you take a moment to shift your thinking and change your perspective, whatever you’re stuck looking at might just change as well.
You’ll see new answers to the problem and have a clear frame of mind to approach it with.
6. “Go for it now. The future is promised to no one.” — Wayne Dyer
If you keep waiting around for something to happen and nothing does, you’ll live a life of paralysis.
If you cause the change you’re waiting for, however, you’ll lead a life that’s based in action and one that becomes a life you’re excited to live.
Don’t wait—no one knows what tomorrow brings. Make your own tomorrow, today!
Dr. Dyer on judgment
7. “When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.” — Wayne Dyer
This Wayne Dyer quote reminds us that our judgments aren’t meant for other people and, when we try to deliver them, we often mislabel them which damages our own reputation.
Judgments can show ignorance and callousness—two things that can hurt your reputation and damage someone else’s opinion of you.
8. “The ego is only an illusion, but a very influential one. Letting the ego-illusion become your identity can prevent you from knowing your true self. Ego, the false idea of believing that you are what you have or what you do, is a backwards way of assessing and living life.” — Wayne Dyer
Inspirational Wayne Dyer quotes like this one encourage us not to become too wrapped up in who we think we are or what we think we deserve.
Instead, stay humble and seek to understand yourself before you start looking for what you think the world owes you.
When you know yourself, you understand your worth and there’s no confusion caused by ego.
Dr. Wayne Dyer inspirational words
9. “To be more childlike, you don’t have to give up being an adult. The fully integrated person is capable of being both an adult and a child simultaneously. Recapture the childlike feelings of wide-eyed excitement, spontaneous appreciation, cutting loose, and being full of awe and wonder at this magnificent universe.” — Wayne Dyer
Inspirational words like these tell us not to grow up and lose our sense of wonderment about life.
Instead, don’t stop being excited or mystified about the little things in life! Allow yourself to get excited about all that life has to offer, no matter what age you’re at.
Regardless of your age, it’s nice to be young at heart.
10. “Everything that’s created comes out of silence. Your thoughts emerge from the nothingness of silence. Your words come out of this void. Your very essence emerged from emptiness. All creativity requires some stillness.” — Wayne Dyer
This Wayne Dyer quote encourages us to remember the power of silence.
There’s a lot of noise in the world—plenty of it put there by us!
By taking the time to rediscover silence and stillness, you’ll put yourself in a position to achieve calmness and serenity.
This is something we all need from time to time.
11. “The truth is that there is no actual stress or anxiety in the world; it’s your thoughts that create these false beliefs. You can’t package stress, touch it, or see it. There are only people engaged in stressful thinking.” — Wayne Dyer
Wayne’s quotes on stress, change and life
Stress is something we all deal with.
Remembering that it’s a product of our brain’s reaction to something, rather than the thing itself, is crucial.
When we learn to train our brains to think about stress in a way that’s dissolutive instead of compounding, we can teach ourselves to melt the stress away and replace it with something more productive—like optimism.
12. “You cannot always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” — Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer quotes on change like this one teach us the power of adaptability.
We can’t always control what’s happening to us on the outside, but we can control how we react to it and what we can do to put ourselves in control of it.
Mastering your reaction is equivalent to putting yourself in the driver’s seat of any situation.
When nothing controls you, you’re the master of your own destiny.
13. “Give yourself a gift of five minutes of contemplation in awe of everything you see around you. Go outside and turn your attention to the many miracles around you. This five-minute-a-day regimen of appreciation and gratitude will help you to focus your life in awe.” — Wayne Dyer
All it takes is five minutes to completely change your perspective on something.
If you stop and take the five minutes to transform your mindset and harness the situation (every situation), you’ll get more out of everything.
We tend to rush through life so fast that we miss little details.
Taking five minutes to capture them can completely change how you act and react to life happening around you.
14. “Real magic in relationships means an absence of judgment of others.” — Wayne Dyer
Another Wayne Dyer quote about passing judgement, this one compels us to think about what it means to not judge someone.
When you hold back judgement from a friend, you allow them to be the person they want to be, instead of fitting them with your own definitions and expectations.
And isn’t this true friendship?
Inspiring and thought provoking sayings
15. “You aren’t your work, your accomplishments, your possessions, your home, your family… your anything. You’re a creation of your Source, dressed in a physical human body intended to experience and enjoy life on Earth.” — Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer quotes like this one encourage us to look past the things we do on a daily basis and take a moment to appreciate that we’re human beings: Physical, thinking, feeling people who need to have a purpose beyond working or just living.
When you stop living and start experiencing, your live with blossom in new and exciting ways!
16. “The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” — Wayne Dyer
This simple, golden rule is an important one to follow because life will be filled with things you may not fully understand.
When you reject them at face value, you’re not making any effort to be a better person.
Instead, embrace not knowing and strive to learn as much as you can. It’s your duty as a human!
17. “Doing what you love is the cornerstone of having abundance in your life.” — Wayne Dyer
Wayne Dyer quotes on love, like this one, encourage us to find love in the everyday things we do: Our job, our routines and the people we see.
When the everyday aspects of your life are rooted in love, there’s no room for anything negative in your life.
And that’s a life well worth living!
Life moves fast, sometimes we need to step back
18. “Become slower in your journey through life. Practice yoga and meditation if you suffer from ‘hurry sickness.’ Become more introspective by visiting quiet places such as churches, museums, mountains and lakes. Give yourself permission to read at least one novel a month for pleasure.” — Wayne Dyer
Life moves faster and faster each and every day.
Instead of trying to keep up with the rat race and pushing yourself closer and closer to an early grave, slow down.
Slow your steps and take a moment to appreciate your surroundings.
Do things that are peaceful and calming, and enjoy each day of your life—don’t just push forward to the next day.
19. “Miracles come in moments. Be ready and willing.” — Wayne Dyer
Miracles can happen at any time, any place, for any reason.
If you try to force a miracle, they’re less likely to make an appearance.
But, you should always be ready for them!
If you open yourself up to the possibility of miracles at any given time, you won’t be surprised when they happen and you’ll be present for them.
Manifestation and abundance
20. “Our intention creates our reality.” — Wayne Dyer
It’s inspirational to remember that good intentions manifest in good actions.
If you have goodness in your heart and you strive to capitalize on good things, you’ll find that your intentions shape your reality.
The lesson here is to always bring goodness into the world by manifesting goodness inside yourself.
21. “Within all of us is a divine capacity to manifest and attract all that we need and desire.” — Wayne Dyer
You have the power to make your own reality.
If you focus on what you want and strive to make it real, you’ll find that life responds in kind and will help show you the way to whatever it is you’re looking for.
It starts with focus and ends with your own action—two things that you have the power to control.
22. “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.” — Wayne Dyer
What you have in your head, your heart and your soul is far more than what’s in your garage or bank account.
Anyone can accumulate an abundance of things; what’s rare is an abundance of wisdom.
Strive to accumulate this in your life and you’ll be richer than most.
Wayne Dyer has authored more than 40 books filled with his own brand of common-sense wisdom that anyone can adopt.
We hope you were inspired by the above Dr. Wayne Dyer quotes, which are part of our spiritual quotes series.
What are the best Wayne Dyer quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!
Image Credit: Phil Konstantin took this photo of Wayne Dyer, when he came by his television station (KUSI-TV in San Diego) in March 2009. Philkon Phil Konstantin / Public domain