These Mother’s Day quotes may encourage us to think about the impact our mom has on our lives and the great effort she puts towards helping us become the wonderful people she knows we are capable of becoming.
Mothers are nurturing, loving, self-sacrificing and encouraging. Although mothers deserve to be celebrated each day, we can spend extra time cherishing our mothers each year on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s day quotes highlight the special bond between a mother and her child
The love that is shared is unconditional and never ending. A mother will watch as their child makes mistakes, learns and grows into adulthood, loving them deeply all the way.
Inspirational Mother’s Day quotes remind us of the strength of this loving relationship.
1. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.” — Mitch Albom
2. “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” — Cardinal Mermillod
Happy Mother’s Day quotes prove that your mom and all mom’s are irreplaceable!
Whether you buy a card or a gift, share a hug or a meal; your mother deserves to be celebrated.
You can also read about the history of Mother’s day here.
Your mother is unique and there is no other mother on Earth who can love you the way she does!
3. “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” — Abraham Lincoln
Share inspirational Mother’s day quotes with the women that influences who you become
You may feel like you need many words to express the impact your mom has had on your life, but sometimes the opposite is actually true. Simple, sweet and short Mother’s Day quotes may be just what you need to tell mom how much she means to you.
4. “Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.” — Marion C. Garretty
As you read these Mother’s Day inspirational quotes, ponder all of the wonderful encouragement your mother has given you and the amazing things you have been able to accomplish through that encouragement.
The love and support provided by our mothers pushes us to be able to do great things.
5. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” — Jill Churchill
Mother’s day quotes help mom feel better too!
Mom’s can feel defeated at times, or like they aren’t able to give their children all that they need.
Mother’s Day quotes and sayings like these provide mothers with a reminder that doing their very best is all their children can ask for.
There will be good days and there will be bad days, but each day we are able to spend as mothers or with our own mother should be cherished.
Mother’s day love from Daughters
6. “My Mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” — Jodi Picoult
You may hear a daughter say, “I am turning into my mother.” Although it is often spoken as a negative, many girls should, and are grateful to be able to grow into strong, confident, loving women like their mothers!
Mother’s Day quotes from daughter inspire young girls to appreciate the influence of their own mom.
7. “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” — Agatha Christie
A mother’s inspirational love proves to be so strong that there is nothing she wouldn’t do to protect her children. She will defend, support, and lift up her children as they venture through life.
Mother’s day love from son’s
8. “Men are what their mothers made them”. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
Mother’s Day quotes from son display the wonder of the deep connection between a mother and her son.
Young boys learn to grow into respectable men through the daily interactions they share with their mothers.
Mother’s day and Grandma
9. “A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes.” — Barbara Cage
When a mother watches her own child become a parent, she is able to witness the incredible journey of growth and love that begins when a mother or father sees their child for the first time, fully understanding what it feels like to be in their shoes.
Grandmothers are as irreplaceable as mothers themselves, and should be honored and loved on Mother’s Day and every day!
10. “Grandmothers are voices of the past and role models of the present. Grandmothers open the doors to the future.” — Helen Ketchum
We can all be encouraged by Mother’s Day quotes for grandma. Grandmothers are there to love, spoil, rescue and admire their grandchildren, and the role they play in their family is incredibly important.
They anchor the family and form a foundation upon which the other relationships are built.
Mother’s day love from her husband
11. “Happy is the man who finds a true friend, and far happier is he who finds that true friend in his wife.” – Franz Schubert
Having a strong relationship with your spouse is essential in creating a healthy family dynamic.
Parents create a safe living environment for their children, and love between a husband and wife helps create a sense of belonging in their children.
Mother’s Day quotes from husband encourage us to remember the importance of this relationship, even when the task of raising children has taken over the majority of our lives.
12. “No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. Wife or mother, if it is both, he is twice blessed indeed.” — Godfrey Winn
As you have read through these quotes you may have noticed some famous Mother’s Day quotes. The strength of women is undeniable, and many men have a great woman to thank for an abundance of love and support. Having a loving and supportive woman by your side is invaluable!
Remember that Mother’s day is her day!
13. “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” — Milton Berle
Sometimes you read a quote that makes you laugh out loud. These funny Mother’s Day quotes are sure to do just that.
As we think about all the wonderful things our mothers have done for us, including all that Mom does all year long (see Mom quotes for everyday of the year). We can marvel at the fact that there is often no explanation for the amount of things a mother is able to do for her children on a daily basis.
She’s simply a miracle worker!
We hope you were inspired by the above inspirational Mother’s day quotes, which are part of our inspirational quotes for family series.
What are the best Mother’s day quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!