Struggle quotes point to how universal pain and suffering unfortunately are.
Whoever you are, wherever you live, one thing is true for everyone: we all go through struggles in life.
Those struggles can greatly range in severity, and it can seem like some people receive more than their fair share of challenges.
1. “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” — Robert H. Schuller
As you have likely learned by now, there is no fail-safe solution for dealing with difficult life situations.
Comfort from struggle quotes
Quotes about struggle and pain can offer some comfort.
The best quotes about life and struggles remind us that we are not alone in our pain, and that our troubles will eventually pass.
This can be immensely comforting during your tough times.
2. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” — Ernest Hemingway
3. “The important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle.” — Pierre de Coubertin
4. “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” — Arnold Schwarzenegger
During difficult times, it can be easy to succumb to the sadness that we feel.
But the truth is that everyone has inner strength within themselves.
In fact, most people do not realize how strong they are until they have to face a seemingly insurmountable challenge.
Struggle quotes and your inner strength
Life struggle quotes can remind us of our own inner strength.
Everyone will face an unexpected life challenge at one point or another.
That is why it is good to already have a few inspirational quotes about life and struggles on hand.
Equipping yourself with sources of motivation and reminders of your own strength will help you to overcome whatever it is that comes your way.
Strength is Rooted in Struggle
5. “I’m thankful for my struggle because without it I wouldn’t have stumbled across my strength.” — Alex Elle
6. “Strength comes from struggle. When you learn to see your struggles as opportunities to become stronger, better, wiser, then your thinking shifts from ‘I can’t do this’ to ‘I must do this.’” — Toni Sorenson
7. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” — Napoleon Hill
If we never went through hard times, then we would miss out on an entire dimension of life.
It is often during our darkest times that we realize how resourceful, dynamic and capable we truly are.
Quotes about life and struggles help remind us that we have what it takes to overcome the various hurdles in life.
Sometimes it can be tempting to just give up, crawl into bed and forget about the world.
And the occasional good cry or day off can help during a hard time. But you will eventually need to face life again, and the above quotes about life struggles and pain will help you find the inner strength to do so.
Make the Best Out of Every Situation
8. “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” — Booker T. Washington
9. “Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses.” — Alphonse Karr
10. “Things turn out best for people who make the best of the way things turn out.” — John Wooden
Have you noticed that some people seem to almost always be in a good mood, while others are constantly talking about their own life’s struggles?
Everyone’s life is different, and you never really know everything someone is going through.
But as the best inspirational quotes about struggle remind us, much of life is about how we deal with things, and how we choose to look at them.
Two people, the same struggle
For example, two people could be met with the same struggle.
One might give up at the first sign of difficulty, and wallow in their own pain longer than is ever necessary.
But the other may be understandably upset, but choose to keep going, do their best to improve things and use their own inner strength to move on.
Finding the right life struggle quotes and overcoming them very well could make all the difference.
Always Find Reasons to be Happy
11. “The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except that they are so.” — William Ralph Inge
12. “Be happy for no reason, like a child. If you are happy for a reason, you’re in trouble, because that reason can be taken from you.” — Deepak Chopra
13. “Happiness is a deep sense of flourishing, not a mere pleasurable feeling or fleeting emotion but an optimal state of being.” — Matthieu Ricard
Think of a recent bad day you experienced.
It is understandable that this memory is probably painful.
But can you think of one good thing that happened that day, or one silver lining that you have discovered since?
Looking at the bright side of things can help you feel happy when facing a challenge—and funny sayings about life and struggles can also help!
If you had trouble coming up with a silver lining, then you might need to find some quotes about struggle in life that speak to you.
Meditate on the meaning of these quotes and get into the habit of finding your own silver lining.
Appreciate Life, No Matter What it Brings
14. “Life is very interesting. In the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” — Drew Barrymore
15. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” — Dalai Lama
16. “Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.” — Ernest Hemingway
No matter who you are or what you accomplish in life, there will always be someone who seems to have it better than you.
If you focus on whatever it is you do not have, then chances are your life will feel unsatisfying by comparison.
But if you focus on what you do have, and how you can spread your good fortune around, your mood and outlook will improve.
The best quotes about life struggle sayings teach us that the keys to true happiness are compassion and generosity.
Remember that everyone has experienced struggle in their life
We hope you were inspired by the above quotes about life struggle quotes, which are part of our inspiring life quotes series.
What are the best struggle quotes you know? Share them with us in the comments below to inspire others to find the same positivity you’re working toward!